Our cheeky elf by designer Erinna Lee (@littleaquagirl) first appeared in Simply Crochet issue 77, hiding out in the cover kit, just waiting to be set free.
But if you missed him then, you can now find the pattern on Ravelry here!
Once you’ve hooked up this little (15cm to be precise) cutie, he’ll be with you throughout your festivities, hiding behind the holly on the mantelpiece or even in the mince pie tin. We love his bendy, pipe cleaner legs!
You will need:
- Any DK yarn: Flesh, Green, Red, Brown, White, Gold
- A pair of safety eyes
- Pipe cleaner
- Black sewing thread
- Stitch markers
- A 2.5mm (US B/1 or C/2) hook
- Toy stuffing
If you would like to go back and read the whole of this special Christmas issue from 2018, Simply Crochet issue 75 is available as a digital edition, for Apple phones and tablets, Android phones and tablets, the Barnes & Noble Nook, and to read through Zinio as PDFs. Click here to find the right version for you.
If you like this pattern, then why not take a look at some of our other Christmas crochet projects:
- Christmas Carol Doll Crochet Pattern
- Free Crochet Bauble Pattern
- Free Amigurumi Christmas Pudding Crochet Pattern
- Neon Yoke Christmas Jumper
- Free Snowman Christmas Tree Decoration
- Free Christmas Poinsettia Pattern
- Hannah Cross’ Christmas Crochet Gnomes
- Free Mini Christmas Tree Pattern
- Top 10 Free Crochet Christmas Decoration Patterns
- Top 10 Free Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Free Puff Stitch Bauble Pattern