For an indulgence that really can’t be beaten, this set of stunning cross stitch cake projects is too tempting for words. And, as they’ll have absolutely no impact on our waistlines, we think the stitched versions are surely the best substitute for the real thing! These designs use fresh sugary colours to show off beautifully iced toppings, and a spectacular tiered cake that would be the perfect project to stitch for a special occasion.
Stitch them to display as a triptych as in our main picture, or choose your favourite to display as a min feature in it one right. These designs are brilliant for wedding stitching too – choose one to be a special cross stitched card for the the happy couple’s big day, or add name and dates to your stitching as a contemporary cross stitch wedding sampler. We think these could also work brilliantly as pockets on an apron too – they are such versatile patterns.
About the cross stitch cake patterns
- Threads: Stranded cotton as listed in key
- Needle: Size 26 tapestry needle, beading needle
- Fabric: 28-count evenweave measuring 25x20cm (10x8in) for each design
- Extras: Seed beads, triple aperture frame with a min aperture of 17x12cm (6x4in)
- Stitches used: Whole cross stitch, fractionals, backstitch, beads
- Stitching time: Approx. 35 hours for the triptych
Click to download the cross stitch cake patterns. This is a PDF with 4 A4 sheets.