Free vintage Christmas patterned papers
These vintage festive patterns and sentiment toppers are perfect for crafting a retro-themed Christmas card in minutes!
These vintage festive papers – from issue 188 of Cardmaking & Papercraft – are bursting with retro-themed patterns to use on your Christmas cards, gift tags and gift wrap. The papers are designed by Olivia Lynn and the cards were designed by Angela Dodson.
Enjoy adding baubles, rocking horses and festive foliage to your cards, which your friends and family are sure to treasure! The collection also comes with complimentary sentiment toppers to use with the papers, along with baubles and decorations you can trim from the sheet to add to your designs.
If you like these, then check out our collection of patterned papers, all free to download. We’re updating the page all the time with new free papercraft downloads, so be sure to bookmark it and check back regularly. We love these delightful Northern lights printables for card making!
If you’ve used these free vintage Christmas papers, don’t forget to share it on Facebook or post them on Instagram, we love to see what you make!
Try these Vintage Christmas cards
Peace and Joy
- Layer a 112mm square of rocking horse paper onto a 125mm square of white card, then a 133mm square of gold mirror card. Attach to a 148mm square white base card.
- Layer a 35 x 90mm piece of white card onto gold card, trimming it into a pennant. Attach to the base using sticky fixers.
- Trim the rocking horse sentiment and layer onto a slightly larger circle die-cut from red card. Attach to base, as shown, using sticky fixers. Add pearls to the corner to finish.
Just for You
- Layer a 90mm square of green paper onto a 95mm square of white card, cut in half diagonally and attach to opposite corners of a 148mm kraft base card. Layer a 128mm square of textured white card onto a 135mm square of red card. Attach to base.
- Cut 80 x 100mm and 95 x 25mm pieces of bauble paper, layer each onto red card and then wrap with red ribbon. Attach to base at an angle as shown, using sticky fixers. Add a ribbon bow and a snowflake die-cut from white card.
- Layer two bauble shapes onto green card and trim. Attach large bauble as a gift tag using twine and smaller bauble to the bottom corner with sticky fixers. Add gems to finish.
Joy shaker card
- Cover a 120mm piece of white card with tree paper. Cut a 45 x 55mm rectangle from the top right as shown. Insert a shaker pouch or back with acetate to form a shaker window. Fill shaker with blue and silver sequins and beads. Back with the ‘joy’ patterned paper so the sentiment can be seen through the window.
- Layer panel onto a 130mm square of navy card; attach to a 148mm white base card.
- Add a 148 x 18mm strip of navy patterned paper to the centre of a 148 x 22mm strip of white card and attach to the base. Layer a large tree onto navy card, trimming as you go, then attach to base with sticky fixers. Add sequins to finish.
- Cut nine 38mm squares from patterned paper and layer each onto a 45mm square of white card with scalloped edges.
- Arrange the nine squares onto a 148mm square kraft base card as shown and attach using sticky fixers.
- Trim a 120 x 20mm piece of white card into a banner; add to the base. Layer the sentiment onto metallic green card and attach to the base using sticky fixers.
- Add green gems as shown, to finish.
A Christmas Wish
- Cut two 130mm squares of different patterned papers. Cut in half diagonally and add the pieces to a 140mm square of metallic gold card. Attach the panel to a 148mm square white base card.
- Layer the sentiment onto a larger oval of gold card, and attach red pom-pom trim around the edge, securing with another oval of card at the back.
- Layer a 35 x 115mm piece of white card onto gold card, trimming into a banner. Attach the banner to the base and add the sentiment panel using sticky fixers.
- Trim a small candle and three stars and attach to base as shown. Add small pearls to the stars and a large pearl to each corner, to finish.
- Layer a 120mm square of green floral paper onto a 125mm square of red card and a 140mm square of buff card. Add two lengths of red ricrac ribbon as shown. Attach the panel to a 148mm square white base card.
- Back a small wooden frame or die-cut frame with contrasting bauble paper. Add the sentiment across the centre of the frame and attach to base, as shown in the picture.
- Add a red ribbon bow and three small flowers, to finish.
Download your free vintage Christmas patterned papers:
To download the free Vintage Christmas paper collection, click on the link below the image and it will open in a new window. You can then save/download the paper collection. There is one PDF to download, which contains all seven patterned papers and one topper sheet. Happy crafting!
Angela found fame in the Cardmaking world on the Trimcraft design team and when she won Cardmaker of the Year in 2016. She went on to become a key member of the Papercraft inspirations magazine design team, creating projects for every issue, as well a working with Cardmaking and Papercraft. She runs her own blog on Blogspot, Polly Purple Horse, where she shares her own creations and her design team makes. he currently crafts for Angela Poole Designs.
BETTER THAN HALF PRICE SUBSCRIPTIONS! Save up to £65 on magazine shop price!
Comments, questions and tips