Download our free pop-up card template and make this gorgeous pop-up birthday card – a peacock in shades of teal and purple – to surprise friends and family for their birthday.
Make a stunning pop-up birthday card with designer Sue Hughes’ expert advice:
- Use a heavyweight, good quality card throughout to ensure a sturdier finish to your pop-up birthday card. This will help the feathers to stand upright when the card is opened.
- Use wet glue to help with positioning the feathers onto the semi-circles. Also, when securing the semi-circles inside the card, place gently then shut the card to ensure the correct alignment.
- Decorate the front of your pop-up birthday card before adding details to the inside to prevent the pop-up design from getting damaged. You can keep the card front fairly simple to increase the impact when the card is opened!
- To ensure that the pop-up birthday card will fold neatly, avoid placing the feathers along the central score lines on the semi- circles.
- Try to avoid adding too many bulky embellishments so your pop-up birthday card folds flat when closed.
- Experiment with different colour schemes and colour combinations for a completely different look.
- A scoring board and bone folder will be a great help in ensuring that your fold lines are neat and sharp.
Want some free patterned paper? Take a look at our ever-growing collection of free patterned papers, there are lots to choose from and there are lots of different themes – we love these opulent peacock papers! We love seeing what you make one of our projects, so don’t forget to share your cards and papercraft projects with us on Facebook and Twitter, too!
To make a pop-up birthday card you will need:
- Free pop-up birthday card template
- Coloured card
- Heart punches
- Adhesive gems
- Ink to use with the stamps
Download your free pop-up card template:
To download the free pop-up card template, click on the link below and it will open in a new window. You can then save/download the templates!
Download your free pop-up birthday card template
We hope you’ve enjoyed our pop-up birthday card tutorial. If you’re on the hunt for more pop-up projects, why not try your hand at making this fun corner pop-up card for your next creative project.