These charming decorations are quick to make and will add a cheerful touch to your Christmas tree – why not give a few away to friends and family, too?
Rosee has made her set using small amounts of Jamieson & Smith 2ply Jumper Weight wool for a vintage feel, but any 4ply yarn should be fine, so it’s a good way to use up odds and ends in your stash basket.
The star is worked in the round, while the tree is knitted flat.
You will need:
- Jamieson & Smith 2ply Jumper Weight (4ply weight, 100% wool, 25g/115m), one ball of Pale Yellow (66) for the Star, one ball each of Dark Brown (5), Dark Green (34), Moss (FC12), Pale Green (29) for the Tree
- For yarn stockists contact Jamieson & Smith, 01595 693579, www.shetlandwoolbrokers.co.uk
- A set of 2¾mm double-pointed knitting needles (or two short circulars/one long circular needle)
- A 3mm crochet hook
- A tapestry needle
- Toy stuffing
- 20cm length of 1cm wide ribbon
- Sewing needle and thread to match ribbon
Download your free pattern:
To download your free knitting pattern, click on the link below and it will open in a new window. You can then save the pattern.