Free star and Christmas tree knitting patterns
Get ready for the festive season with these easy-to-knit star and tree decorations by Rosee Woodland.
These charming decorations are quick to make and will add a cheerful touch to your Christmas tree – why not give a few away to friends and family, too?
Rosee has made her set using small amounts of Jamieson & Smith 2ply Jumper Weight wool for a vintage feel, but any 4ply yarn should be fine, so it’s a good way to use up odds and ends in your stash basket.
The star is worked in the round, while the tree is knitted flat.
You will need:
- Jamieson & Smith 2ply Jumper Weight (4ply weight, 100% wool, 25g/115m), one ball of Pale Yellow (66) for the Star, one ball each of Dark Brown (5), Dark Green (34), Moss (FC12), Pale Green (29) for the Tree
- For yarn stockists contact Jamieson & Smith, 01595 693579, www.shetlandwoolbrokers.co.uk
- A set of 2¾mm double-pointed knitting needles (or two short circulars/one long circular needle)
- A 3mm crochet hook
- A tapestry needle
- Toy stuffing
- 20cm length of 1cm wide ribbon
- Sewing needle and thread to match ribbon
Download your free pattern:
To download your free knitting pattern, click on the link below and it will open in a new window. You can then save the pattern.
Rosee Woodland is a designer and freelance journalist. She lives in Bristol with her family and their Boston terrier, Ponyo. See specialises in knitting design and grading, and regularly teaches classes for A Yarn Story in Bath. She’s worked with leading brands in the craft industry including Rowan, Patons, Aurifil, Rico Design and Lewis & Irene. Her work has been featured in many magazines including The Knitter, Knit Now, Simply Knitting, Mollie Makes, Simply Sewing and Simply Crochet. When she’s not busy making she shares her wild swimming adventures at www.iswimlikeagirl.com.