Free stocking and snowman knitting patterns
Decorate your Christmas tree with these festive knits designed by Rosee Woodland.
We love these charming, vintage-feel Christmas decorations! They're made in Jamieson & Smith 2ply Jumper Weight wool, but you could use any 4ply yarn from your stash – a great way of using up leftovers from other projects.
If you have no more room on your tree, why not make a few to give to family and friends this festive season? You could even stuff the stocking with chocolates for someone with a sweet tooth!
Find more of Rosee's tree decorations here, and complete the set with all these plus a heart and present in the full pattern, available on Ravelry or in The Knitter issue 50.
You will need:
- Jamieson & Smith 2ply Jumper Weight (4ply weight, 100% wool, 25g/115m), one ball each of Dark Red (1403) and Oatmeal (202) for the Stocking, one ball each of Cream (01A), Pale Pink (72), Black (77), Dark Red (1403) and Dark Orange (125) for the Snowman
- For yarn stockists contact Jamieson & Smith, 01595 693579, www.shetlandwoolbrokers.co.uk
- A set of 2¾mm double-pointed knitting needles (or two short circulars/one long circular needle)
- A 3mm crochet hook
- A tapestry needle
- Toy stuffing
- 20cm length of 1cm wide ribbon
- Sewing needle and thread to match ribbon
Download the patterns:
To download the PDF pattern, click on the link below and it will open in a new window. You can then save/download the knitting pattern.
Snowman and stocking Christmas decorations PDF
Rosee Woodland is a designer and freelance journalist. She lives in Bristol with her family and their Boston terrier, Ponyo. See specialises in knitting design and grading, and regularly teaches classes for A Yarn Story in Bath. She’s worked with leading brands in the craft industry including Rowan, Patons, Aurifil, Rico Design and Lewis & Irene. Her work has been featured in many magazines including The Knitter, Knit Now, Simply Knitting, Mollie Makes, Simply Sewing and Simply Crochet. When she’s not busy making she shares her wild swimming adventures at www.iswimlikeagirl.com.
BETTER THAN HALF PRICE SUBSCRIPTIONS! Save up to £65 on magazine shop price!
Comments, questions and tips