Looking for a quick-stitch gift for a special someone? We’ve got you covered with Susan Bates’ pretty rose bookmark! We stitched ours on cream evenweave for a more natural look. Then we trimmed around the edges, frayed them a little bit and stuck our stitching onto patterned card – using acid-free double-sided sticky tape. We trimmed the card to have a point at the bottom edge and then we used a hole punch to create a space to hang our tassel. For a handy how-to on making a tassel, follow the link below!
Scroll to the bottom of this bag tutorial to find a great how-to for making your own tassel!
To stitch this rose cross stitch pattern, you’ll need:
- Threads – Stranded cotton as listed in the key
- Needle – Size 26 tapestry needle
- Fabric – Zweigart Brittany 28-count cream evenweave measuring a maximum of 10x10cm (4x4in)
- Patterned card of your choice for backing
- Complementary thread of your choice for tassel
- Acid-free double-sided sticky tape for attaching
- Hole punch for creating tassel hole
Download the free cross stitch rose pattern
Or work straight from the chart and key below: