Looking for a quick gift to stitch for the big day? Or need something special to finish off your outfit? We’re here! Durene Jones’ mini top hat motif is just the thing to turn into a set of cufflinks. Or, you could use it to make wedding invites, greeting cards, cute decorations and more. We stitched our top hats on plastic canvas to turn them into cool cufflinks.
Designed by Durene Jones, this chart was originally printed in Cross Stitch Crazy issue 202 as part of the Wedding Gift Ideas. Stitch it on 14-count plastic canvas, twice, trim and then use double-sided sticky tape or fabric glue to secure them to plain cufflinks.
To stitch these top hat cufflinks, you’ll need:
- Threads – Stranded cotton as listed in the key (on the PDF)
- Needle – Size 24 tapestry needle
- 14-count plastic canvas – 5x5cm (2x2in) for each cufflink
- Double-sided sticky tape or fabric glue
- A pair of plain cufflinks
Download the free cross stitch top hat pattern here:
Durene Jones top hat cross stitch chart (PDF)
Or work straight from the chart and key below: