Add frosty enchantment to your Christmas cards and create wintry cards with these Winter Woodland Christmas printables, illustrated by Esther Curtis.
You can transform these watercolour illustrations into seasonal scenes to give to your friends and family. Here’s a top tip, why not combine your free winter woodland printables with white paper or card for an easy snowscape. Plain white paper makes great snowy scenes – simply tear the edge and add some glitter. Why not layer up multiple layers to create great depth on your card.
Glitter is an essential ingredient when making these cards, so make sure you stock up your stash beforehand, to add lashings of icy sparkle to the trees, sentiments and backgrounds!
If you like these free papers, check out our other free patterned papers, there are lots to choose from and there are lots of different festive themes. We love these Nativity characters, or for non-traditional free papers, how about these free sloth downloads for making your own sloth Christmas cards? Or, for more general card making, let us show you how to make cards.
Try these winter woodland cards
Frosty forest card
Make the free winter woodland papers the star of this card by framing them in an embellished circle aperture.
- Cut a piece of the blue winter’s sky paper from your winter woodland printable collection to measure 12 x 12cm, then die-cut a large circle in the centre of the panel to create an aperture for your card front.
- Trim a piece of the tree paper to measure the same size as the blue paper. If you have a tree-shaped die, add a tree die-cut to create a 3D effect (seen here in the silver).
- Gently tear some white paper to create some hills. Repeat with a slightly larger piece of white paper. Layer these snowy hills at the bottom of the tree paper. Add glitter glue (or glitter and glue!) along the tears o add sparkle to the hilltops.
- Add glitter to the die-cut tree on the tree background. Once dried, attach the blue aperture onto the background with sticky foam pads to create depth.
- Cut out some trees, sentiment and holly and layer around the aperture with sticky foam pads. Add a die-cut corner flourish. Finish off your card with some glitter glue and let it dry.
Icy easel card
Show off your creativity by making lovely and unusual easel cards. By adding loads of die-cuts, they make great focal points for the Christmas mantelpiece too. Here’s a top tip, larger gems make for great easel stoppers!
Simple sparkle card
By adding some glitter to sections of your cards, they can really come to life without building up loads of layers – and they look very pretty too! Finish by adding three adhesive gems in the lower right-hand corner.
Download your free winter woodland printables:
Click here to download the complete winter woodland collection, or to download each printable sheet separately, click on the link below the image and it will open in a new window. You can then save/download the sheet. There are a total of 13 printable sheets to download to complete the collection!