Help support pals with their lifestyle changes and resolutions by crafting them a card featuring one go these chipper hamster characters, guaranteed to make them smile. Download our free hamster printables to use in your craft projects – which is your favourite?
The collection includes lots of hamsters in a variety of poses, from a yoga hamster to a trampolining hamster, plus lots of motivational messages to use on your cards, scrapbook pages and gift tags.
If you know someone who has got a resolution in mind for the coming months, sending a card featuring one of these merry motivational hamsters is a light-hearted way to show that you’re rooting for them.
Want more free patterned paper? Take a look at our ever-growing collection of free patterned papers, there are lots to choose from and there are lots of different themes. We love these vintage stationery papers! For more general card making, let us show you how to make cards. We love seeing what you make with our free printable papers, so don’t forget to share your cards and papercraft projects with us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter, too!
Try these hamster cards:
1. Slider card
This delightful design features a hidden slider channel to allow the hamster to pop in and out!
- Create an 11 x 18cm card blank from kraft card, then layer on a rectangle of veggie paper leaving a small border. Layer burgundy paper on top of this, leaving a small border.
- Fussy cut two treat packets from the printables sheet. Using the Lawn Fawn Slide on Over die, cut a slider channel into one of the packets.
- Fussy cut a hamster and sentiment, then attach the end of the sentiment to the hamster. Place a penny underneath the channel, then attach to another above the channel using a small foam pad. Attach the hamster to the top penny.
- Using foam pads, stick the top treat packet onto the first, avoiding the route that the hamster runs. Attach to card.
- Fussy cut a food bowl and some tasty treats, and secure in the lower left-hand corner to finish.
2. Spinning hamster
Cut a circle aperture in the front of your card blank, then sandwich a length of twine between two sentiments. Tape the ends of the twine onto your card, then hide the ends by adding layers to your card.
3. Swinging hamster
Add a chew toy to your card using a brad, then stick a penny to the bottom and let the weight do the work. Your hamster will swing back and forth across the card!
4. Trampolining hamster
Magnets and a slider mechanism will make your hamster spin as he bounces on the trampoline! Get the full tutorial here: how to make an invisible spinner.
Download your free hamster printables:
To download your free hamster printables collection, click on the link and it will open in a new window. You can then save/download the entire collection – or, if you prefer, download each page individually below. Scroll the gallery to see what freebies you’ll be getting!