Free hot air balloon printables
Create gorgeous cards that make full use of these free hot air balloon printables!
Take your cardmaking and papercraft projects to new heights with these free hot air balloon printables. Using layers of the hot air balloon printable helps create dimension, and having some of the elements overhanging the edges of your cards adds to the effect, too – just make sure you’ve got an envelope that will fit your finished design!
Use different card folds to add extra interest and make more space for your favourite hot air balloon printable in the set - why not use these hot air balloon printables to create a pop-out aperture card with a spinning balloon? They are great fun for your recipients!
Alternatively, how about a triple-fold card with a different scene on each section? Be sure to decorate both sides of the panels that are on show when the card is closed. With cute characters, iconic landmarks and gorgeous scenic backgrounds, these hot air balloon printables will leave you on cloud nine, spoilt for choice and looping the loop with joy.
Download the free hot air balloon printables
Click to download your free hot air balloon printables to get started. The download is an A4 PDF with 8 pages of hot air balloon printable artwork. Some are backgrounds and some show balloons, bunting and other elements on a white background to make them easy to fussy cut.
Hot air balloon printable cards
1. Hot air balloon printable stepper card
Use layers of scenery from the free hot air balloon printables to create a dimensional effect!
- Create a white, top-fold card blank measuring 12.5 x 12.5cm. Make the stepper element by cutting some white card to 8.5 x 12.5cm, then score along it lengthways and concertina fold.
- Cut a piece of cloud-patterned paper to cover the front of your card blank. Use PVA glue, double-sided tape, or good old Pritt Stick!
- Using some of the country-scene paper, cut along the hedgerow, for the front stepper. Repeat the same again to layer over the bottom of the cloud paper.
- Once you have cut out the hedgerow, stick it onto the front of the stepper element. This will help create a lovely 3D effect on your card.
- Stick the other hedgerow section over the cloud-patterned paper, making sure it shows above the front panel when the card is closed. Attach the stepper element to the card base.
- Cut out hot-air balloons and clouds, leaving a small white border, then use sticky foam pads to attach them onto the front of your card. You can let them overhang the edges slightly.
- Finally, cut out the sentiment. We're using a stitched rounded rectangle die to cut ours - but you can use scissors! Use sticky foam pads to attach the greeting behind a balloon in the top-right corner of the card front.
2. Hot air balloon printable easel card
Create a scalloped easel to replicate the effect of a fluffy cloud – perfect for this rainbow-adorned card!
- Shape both sides of a 12.5 x 12.5cm card blank with a scalloped circle die (or use a scalloped card blank, or use a pair of pinking shears) – but leave a 4cm central hinge section uncut. Fold the front panel in half then attach another die-cut scalloped circle onto it, for the easel.
- Cut a circle of patterned background paper slightly smaller than the front of the easel then attach with sticky foam pads.
- Cut out the plane and cat printables, stick them together with tape or glue then and leave to one side.
- Cut out a rainbow with clouds and a sun then use sticky foam pads to add the images to your card front. Use sticky foam pads to add the plane and cat at the bottom of the rainbow.
- Cut a circle of dark-blue card then use sticky foam pads to adhere it onto the easel base. Cut a sentiment into a stitched rectangle then attach to the base.
3. Hot air balloon printable spinner card
Why not use the free hot air balloon printables to create a pop-out aperture card with a spinning hot air balloon printable element? They are great fun for your recipients!
4. Hot air balloon printable tri-fold card
Create a triple-fold card then add a different scene on each section. Be sure to decorate both sides of the panels that are on show when the card is closed.
Download your free hot-air balloon printables
To download the paper collection, click on the link below each sheet and it will open in a new window. You can then save/download each page within the collection. Alternatively, click on the link below the gallery to download them all at once! Scroll the gallery to see what freebies you’re getting!
More like this
Showing item 1 of 8
We hope you’ve enjoyed free hot air balloon printables! We have plenty of other free printables here on Gathered, too - like these art nouveau patterns, or our free cactus printables, or these gorgeous celestial cat papers.
Rhiannon is an illustrator with a preference for work that looks folky, inky, and a little bit messy. Previous clients have included Immediate Media, Go Ape, Essex Wildlife Trust, the University of Essex, Durham University, the University of Oslo, Wivenhoe House Hotel, and Sketchbook Studios.