Take your cardmaking and papercraft projects to new heights with these free hot air balloon printables. Using layers of printables helps create dimension, and having some of the elements overhanging the edges of your cards adds to the effect, too – just make sure you’ve got an envelope that will fit your finished design!
Use different card folds to add extra interest and make more space for your favourite papers and toppers – why not use these hot-air balloon printables to create a pop-out aperture card with a spinning balloon? They are great fun for your recipients!
Alternatively, how about a triple-fold card with a different scene on each section? Be sure to decorate both sides of the panels that are on show when the card is closed. With cute characters, iconic landmarks and gorgeous scenic backgrounds, these hot air balloon printables will leave you on cloud nine, spoilt for choice and looping the loop with joy. Download your free hot-air balloon printables to get started.
Try these easy cards:
1. Scenic stepper card
Use layers of scenery paper to create a dimensional effect!
Create a white, top-fold card blank measuring 12.5 x 12.5cm. Make the stepper element by cutting some white card to 8.5 x 12.5cm, then score along it lengthways and concertina fold.
Cut a piece of cloud-patterned paper to cover the front of your card blank. Use PVA glue, double-sided tape, or good old Pritt Stick!
Using some of the country-scene paper, cut along the hedgerow, for the front stepper. Repeat the same again to layer over the bottom of the cloud paper.
Once you have cut out the hedgerow, stick it onto the front of the stepper element. This will help create a lovely 3D effect on your card.
Stick the other hedgerow section over the cloud-patterned paper, making sure it shows above the front panel when the card is closed. Attach the stepper element to the card base.
Cut out hot-air balloons and clouds, leaving a small white border, then use sticky foam pads to attach them onto the front of your card. You can let them overhang the edges slightly.
Finally, cut out the sentiment. We’re using a stitched rounded rectangle die to cut ours – but you can use scissors! Use sticky foam pads to attach the greeting behind a balloon in the top-right corner of the card front.
2. Easel card
Create a scalloped easel to replicate the effect of a fluffy cloud – perfect for this rainbow-adorned card!
- Shape both sides of a 12.5 x 12.5cm card blank with a scalloped circle die (or use a scalloped card blank, or use a pair of pinking shears) – but leave a 4cm central hinge section uncut. Fold the front panel in half then attach another die-cut scalloped circle onto it, for the easel.
- Cut a circle of patterned background paper slightly smaller than the front of the easel then attach with sticky foam pads.
- Cut out the plane and cat printables, stick them together with tape or glue then and leave to one side.
- Cut out a rainbow with clouds and a sun then use sticky foam pads to add the images to your card front. Use sticky foam pads to add the plane and cat at the bottom of the rainbow.
- Cut a circle of dark-blue card then use sticky foam pads to adhere it onto the easel base. Cut a sentiment into a stitched rectangle then attach to the base.
3. Balloon spinner card
Why not use these colourful printables to create a pop-out aperture card with a spinning hot-air balloon element? They are great fun for your recipients!
4. Tri-fold card
Create a triple-fold card then add a different scene on each section. Be sure to decorate both sides of the panels that are on show when the card is closed.
Download your free hot-air balloon printables:
To download the paper collection, click on the link below each sheet and it will open in a new window. You can then save/download each page within the collection. Alternatively, click on the link below the gallery to download them all at once! Scroll the gallery to see what freebies you’re getting!