We all know that our pets are really superheroes, and these papers from Naomi Skinner really are the cat’s pyjamas or cape! Featuring bold colours, funky prints and a host of masked cuties, these designs have everything you need to say thank you in style.
Pair with coordinating card in primary colours for an easy, no-fuss colour scheme, or add a dash of purple and green for extra pizazz. It’s easy to take to the skies with our flying friends – simply attach to strips of acetate to lift them off the page, while our clear approach to the classic reveal wheel allows you to swap outfits instantly!
Download these free printables today, then save them to your computer so you can use them time and time again. Scroll down for the PDF download link!
Want to boost your stash with more free patterned paper like this collection of free pets printables? We have lots of free patterned papers here on Gathered, with themes for every occasion. We love these free Happy Birthday To My Dog papers or how about these gorgeous celestial cat papers!
If you’re in a crafty mood, why not check out the best glue gun and best die-cutting machine. Thinking about buying a craft printer for all your digi papers and printable cards? Check out our review of the best printer for card making.
Try these super pet cards
1. Magic wheel card
Use acetate to craft a magical quick-change costume card!
You will need
- Your exclusive pets printables
- Pokey tool
- Coloured card
- Card black
- An adhesive of your choice
- Foam pads
- Optional: Lawn Fawn stitched hillside dies
Cut a 14.5cm square piece of blue paper and stick to a 15cm square white base card, so it leaves a thin border around the edge. Cut a 14cm square piece of cloud paper and layer this onto the centre of the blue paper square.
Cut an 11cm circle of acetate and pierce a hole in the centre. To find the centre, cut a paper circle, fold into quarters – the middle is where the fold lines meet. Use this as a guide to pierce a hole in the acetate.
Using the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside pop-up die, cut three hills in different shades of green. Decide which hill will be at the back and attach your acetate circle over this one, using a brad. If you don’t have this die, roughly draw out three hills on some green card the same width as your card blank, and cut out.
Attach the acetate wheel to your card by glueing the background hill in position to the card base (make sure there is no glue on the acetate wheel or it won’t turn). Attach the two foreground hills together. Place some foam tape on the base card, avoiding the wheel, and attach foreground hills in front of the wheel, hiding the brad.
Next, select your characters! Fussy cut your main character to dress up, and cut out some superhero costumes. Use a craft knife or découpage scissors for the fiddly parts.
Position the main character on the background hill, behind the acetate wheel. Position the first outfit on the wheel and glue. Turn the wheel 1⁄3 of the way around and position the next outfit. Repeat for the last outfit.
Position the other two pets on either side of the main character, to hide the other outfits as they spin around. When attaching the two other pets, apply glue to the hills, not the acetate. Fussy cut a sentiment and add to the bottom left side.
2. Waterfall card idea
Pull the tab to watch your super pets zoom by at light speed!
- Cut a 12.5 x 14.5cm piece of blue card and layer it onto a 13 x 15cm white base card.
- Using the Lawn Fawn Flippin’ Awesome Add-On, cut a scalloped rectangle from patterned paper and attach it to the base card.
- Select four of the Superpets, and die-cut them using the 5 x 5cm stitched square die. Mount onto four squares of coordinating coloured card and trim to leave a border.
- Die-cut the main flipbook from some white card. Fold in half along the score lines, then fold and unfold the other score lines. Attach a Superpet square onto each tab, then mountain fold the two smaller tabs, so they sit behind the mechanism. Put glue on the two small tabs only, and stick to your scalloped rectangle.
- Fussy cut the ‘Happy Trails’ sentiment, mount onto yellow card and trim to leave a narrow border. Stick the sentiment to the bottom of the base card using foam tape. Die-cut two stars from some yellow card, and attach one either side of the sentiment, as shown, to finish.
3. Thank you card idea
If real catnip isn’t their thing, how about this fun easel card instead? The toy mouse swings tantalisingly above Tufty’s head in a slider channel.
4. Goodbye card idea
Goodbyes needn’t be sad, so say Toodle Pip, instead! Make a pop-up box card and attach your characters to acetate strips so they can blast off in style.
Download your free pet printables:
To download your free super pets printables collection, click on the link and it will open in a new window. You can then save/download the entire collection – or, if you prefer, download each page individually below. Scroll the gallery to see what freebies you’ll be getting!
We hope this collection of free pet printables is useful to you in your papercraft projects. We have lots of other freebies here at Gathered, and if you love the white winter look as much as we do – we think you’ll like these free Happy Birthday To My Dog papers, or how about these celestial cat papers?