Illustrated by Matilda Smith, these delightful sheep and chicken printables are ideal for spring birthdays, agriculture-themed cards, Mother’s Day and Easter cards, we love the colourful hens and sketchy sheep! Building on Matilda’s bold, bright colour palette, card designer Sarah Jackman Read has created three easy-to-make cards using these delightful chicken printables. Scroll down for the step-by-step tutorials!
Want more free patterned paper? Take a look at our ever-growing collection of free patterned papers, there are lots to choose from and there are lots of different themes. We love these gardening patterned papers! For more general card making, let us show you how to make cards. We love seeing what you make with our free printable papers, so don’t forget to share your cards and papercraft projects with us on Facebook and Twitter, too!
Try this For You card
- Attach a 125 x 85mm piece of hen paper and a 125 x 40mm piece of daisy paper to a 130mm square of green card, with the top two corners of the hen paper folded down. Wrap the panel with raffia to cover the join, and attach to a 135mm square white base.
- Fussy cut a sheep and glue in the bottom right corner. Use the hen house template to create a hen house from wood effect paper. Attach above the raffia with foam pads for added dimension.
- Fussy cut two hens and a chick, and attach in front of the hen house. Add pearls around the door, and add resin flowers to the top corners and hen house as shown. Stamp sentiment, die-cut into a tag then attach with a raffia bow, to finish.
Especially For You card
- Attach three 124 x 39mm strips of patterned papers to two pink and one green 128 x 41mm pieces of card, folding down corners of the papers on the pink-backed panels. Attach to a 132mm square of yellow card.
- Add a 128 x 10mm strip of wood effect paper centrally as shown, and wrap panel twice with baker’s twine. Add to a 135mm square white base.
- Stamp a sentiment onto a 42mm square of white card, colour, cut out and layer on wood effect paper. Attach to base with sticky fixers. Add punched flowers, resin flowers, gems and a twine bow.
Happy Birthday card
- Attach a 125 x 80mm piece of daisy paper and a 125 x 45mm piece of wood effect paper to a 130mm square of pink card, folding down the top two corners. Wrap panel with twine, and attach to a 135mm square white base.
- Fussy cut a hen and eggs and glue in the bottom right corner. Stamp a sentiment and die-cut into a circle. Colour in the banner then attach to base. Add pearls around the edge and punched flowers to the top of the sentiment. Add resin flowers to the corners of the base and to the punched flower at the top of the sentiment.
- Trim a 125mm long border of sheep, and attach as shown. Trim four more sheep and attach them on top, using sticky fixers. Add a twine bow, to finish.
Download your free sheep and chicken printables:
To download the paper collection, click on the link and it will open in a new window. You can then save/download the collection. Take a look at the gallery to see what you’re getting!