Up, up and away! This little guy doesn’t need big ears to take flight. Take your stitching to new heights with this super cute elephant cross stitch designed by Durene Jones. This floating elephant will make thoughtful greeting cards for birthdays, graduations, and more.
The elephant cross stitch is perfect for beginner stitchers looking for a slightly smaller project to work on. If you’re new or want to jog your memory check out our how to cross stitch guide – it contains everything you need to know to get started with cross-stitching.
This elephant cross stitch would look lovely mounted on some paper to create a special greetings card, or you could even pop it in a frame as a keepsake – it would also be perfect to hang in a nursery, so you could gift it to any mums-to-be you know.
The elephant cross stitch was designed by Durene Jones and originally published in issue 256 of Cross Stitch Crazy.
Elephant cross stitch fact box
- Stitch Time – 3-4 hours (approx)
- Stitch Types – Whole cross stitch, backstitch
- Threads – Stranded cotton as listed in the key
- Needle – Size 24 tapestry needle (check out handy guide on cross stitch needle sizes)
- Fabric – Zweigart 14-count white aida measuring 15x15cm (6x6in)
- Extras – First Edition FSC 6x6in Hey Baby Paper Pad (FEPAD172); 6mm Double Sided Super Sticky Tape.
Download the elephant cross stitch
Click the link to download the elephant cross stitch. The download is an A4 PDF with an elephant cross stitch chart and accompanying key.
More like the elephant cross stitch
If you want more check out our huge library of free cross stitch patterns to inspire you. We think you’d love these cute cat cross stitch patterns, or try the flower cross stitch patterns, to brighten up your home! If you need some inspiration try these amazing modern cross stitch kits.