Tulip and lily flower cross stitch pattern
Stitch the prettiest of petals with this pair of beautiful blooms in cross stitch, designed by Susan Bates. This pair of quick-to-stitch flower cross stitch patterns are made up of whole stitches and backstitch, so they’re beginner-friendly and you should be able to stitch each one in just a few evenings. Choose between a tulip or sunflower pattern and mount your finished stitching onto a card to send birthday or get well soon wishes to a friend.
Or why not stitch the pair and frame them to brighten up a plain wall in your home?
About the sunflower and tulip cross stitch flower patterns
- Fabric: Zweigart 16-count white aida measuring 15x15cm (6x6in) for each design
- Threads: Stranded cotton as listed in the key
- Needle: Size 24 tapestry needle
- Extras: Square aperture cards
Each design has a stitch count of 60 high x 60 wide and a design area (when stitched on 16 count aida or 32-count evenweave) of 9.5×9.5cm (3¾x3¾in). As these are large designs, if you want to use them for cards we recommend using 16-count aida. If you want to stitch them as larger project, it is fine to use the more usual 14-count aida.
Download the tulip and sunflower cross stitch flower patterns
Download your free cross stitch flower pattern. The download is an A4 PDF with two cross stitch charts and key. The download is from our old cross stitching website, www.cross-stitching.com, which is now part of Gathered.
How to stitch the tulip and sunflower cross stitch flower patterns
- Find the centre of your fabric by folding it in half both horizontally and vertically. Where the fold lines cross is the centre of the fabric.
- Find the two thick black gridlines on the cross stitch flower pattern chart. Where the lines cross is the centre of the chart. Start stitching from here, working in the centre of your cross stitch fabric.
- Each symbol on the cross stitch flower pattern chart will have a corresponding symbol in the key telling you which colour of thread the cross stitch should be made in. Working out from the centre of the fabric, work the cross stitch in two strands of thread, changing colours as shown in the cross stitch flower pattern chart.
- Once you have completed all the cross stitch, add the backstitch in one strand of thread.
Lavender field cross stitch flower patterns
This stunning set of cards from Susan Bates has six gorgeous designs to choose from! Click to find the lavender cross stitch patterns.
Sunflower birthday cross stitch flower pattern
Send golden greetings with this beautiful cross stitch flower pattern, perfect for a summer birthday card! Click to find the sunflower cross stitch pattern.
Love cross stitch flower pattern
A lovely greeting embellished with blooms, free to download on Gathered. Click to find the love cross stitch pattern.
Meaning of the rose cross stitch flower patterns
Keeping with words, here is a set of 6 lovely rose cross stitch flower designs from Ursula Michael. The different colours of the roses have different meanings, represented in both English and the Chinese character for added elegance and significance. Click to find the quick-stitch flower cross stitch charts.
Stained glass cross stitch flower patterns
Combine the beauty of cross stitch flower patterns with the delicacy of stained glass windows in this set! Click to find the free stained glass window cross stitch patterns.
Poppy cross stitch flower pattern
Ah, the beauty of the delicate poppy! So delicate and with such significance to us. Click to find the poppy cross stitch pattern.
Cross stitch flower patterns with bees
Buzz buzz – stitchers fingers like to keep busy which is perhaps why we like bees so much! Stitch blooms amid the hives in these cross stitch flower patterns. Click to find the bee cross stitch patterns.
Teacup cross stitch flower patterns
Upcycle your vintage china into decorative and oh-s0-handy pincushions with these clever cross stitch flower patterns, and our step by step tutorial! Click to find the teacup pincushion cross stitch patterns.
Rose bouquet cross stitch flower pattern
Perfect for all occasions, anyone would be happy to receive these pretty pink rose cross stitch flower pattern in a cute watering can. The beauty of this design is that it can be stitched in a few short evening sessions and will be handy to have on hand for those last-minute makes. Mount in a circular aperture card like we have, or frame in a small embroidery hoop to give as a sweet gift.
About the rose bouquet cross stitch flower pattern
This cross stitch flower pattern was designed by Jenny Barton, and originally appeared in issue 251 (February 2017) of The World of Cross Stitching. For more fun cards to make, check out The World of Cross Stitching
Rose bouquet cross stitch flower pattern shopping list
- Zweigart 14-count white aida measuring 15x15cm (6x6in)
- Stranded cotton as listed in the key
- Size 24 tapestry needle
- Circle aperture card, available from local craft shops
Download the rose free cross stitch flower pattern
Botanical cross stitch flower pattern
Inspired by vintage floral postcards, this elegant design is sure to delight, whatever the occasion. Patch onto a single-fold card or mount in a mini frame. This lovely cross stitch flower pattern was designed by Amanda Gregory, and originally appeared in issue 229 of The World of Cross Stitching.
About the botanical cross stitch flower pattern
- Stitch count: 31 high x 54 wide
- Design area: 5.5x10cm (2¼x3¾in)
- This design was stitched using DMC stranded cotton
Click to download the botanical cross stitch flower pattern
Free Maggie Gee cross stitch flower patterns
From a thoughtful gift for a dear friend to a gorgeous birthday card and tag set, these cross stitch flower patterns designed by Maggie Gee are guaranteed to bring a smile to a loved one’s face. Stitched in a delightful colour scheme of pinks and reds, these roses will always be treasured. These cross stitch flower patterns originally appeared in issue 224 of Cross Stitch Crazy magazine.
Maggie Gee cross stitch flower patterns include:
- Floral bouquet card
- Floral bouquet tag
About the Maggie Gee cross stitch flower patterns
- Stitch count: 41 high x 34 wide
- Design area: 14 HPI (28-count evenweave) – 7.5x6cm (3×2½in)
- These designs were stitched using DMC stranded cotton
Download the Maggie Gee cross stitch flower patterns
Click to download the free Maggie Gee cross stitch flower patterns.
More like the cross stitch flower patterns
If you loved the cross stitch flower patterns, there’s more to discover on our list of spring cross stitch patterns, featuring plenty of ideas to brighten up your home! If you’re looking for something special for your next project try out these free kitchen cross stitch patterns.