In this issue, you will find a beautiful quilt in a traditional red, green and cream colourway; an exquisite star quilt in nostalgic prints; a delightful, origami-style tree decoration that will keep you merry at your sewing station over a weekend; a mesmerising William Morris-themed masterpiece featuring appliquéd birds and leaves; and a minimalist alternative to Christmas quilts that still embodies a special festive touch.
Order your copy today in our online store!
This month’s projects
Star Bright: sew our magical cover quilt, Lynne Goldsworthy’s festive two-block design using a mélange of HSTs and QSTs, to ring in the Christmas season!
Joyeux Noël: Stitch a quilt that sings with yuletide cheer with Amanda Little’s comforting Christmas star design, using Marchés de Noël by 3 Sisters for Moda.
Folded Fancies: Treat your tree to a set of magnificent bell decorations to hang on its branches and add some fabric pizzazz to your décor.
The Grape Thieves: Fall in love with the stunning motifs and prints in Fi Bowman’s delectable William Morris design, which is sure to be an heirloom-in-the-making.
Tiddlywinks: Add a cosy touch to your favourite corner and show off your curved piecing with Susan Ache’s minimalist, two-toned, festive quilt.
All this, plus…
We are extremely excited to announce that your gift this month is our magical supplement, ’Twas the Night Before Christmas, brimming with projects and inspiration from three much-loved designers. Sew your way into the holiday spirit with these fantastic makes, using the gorgeous Juniper fabric collection.
- Join Mary Mayne in her new three-part series as she shares her love for all things scraps
- Tame the Storm at Sea block under the expert guidance of Lin Clements
- Hear all about Jenni Smith’s love of Liberty and her desire to inspire as she chats with Anne Williams
- Discover the Betsy Cope Quilt with The Quilters’ Guild’s curator Heather Audin
- Delve into our new Block of the Month: The stunning Rippon Lea by Karen Styles, starting with her first instalment, Petunia.
Missed an issue? Catch up below
Our most recent back issues are available to order overseas and here in the UK from our online store! You can find a handy reminder about all of our 2020 issues below to help you complete your collection…
Published October 2020
- Stars and Dashes: Get into the Christmas spirit with our stunning cover project by Lynne Goldsworthy
- Austen Heirloom: Sew Sally Ablett’s glorious design based on the iconic Jane Austen coverlet
- Sweetbriar: Piece a unique, geometric design from Nicola Dodd in rosy prints and soft greens.
- Perfect Poinsettia: Stitch a satisfying weekend project with Yasmeen K. Branton’s appliquéd cushion
- Anne Williams delves into the BAMPFA’s unparalleled collection of African American quilts
- Master working with wool fabrics under the expert guidance of Lin Clements
- Finish your very own Spoondrift quilt by gathering all your blocks from the series and choose
Published September 2020
- Handy hexagon tool!
- Lynne Goldsworthy’s kaleidoscopic quilt pattern
- Sally Ablett’s striking geometric quilt in Liberty prints.
- Give your home a little New York style with a one-block, showstopping design in Bari J fabric
- Settle down at your sewing station to make a delightful sewing purse
- Appliqué a pretty village of houses with Sallieann Harrison’s wonderful wallhanging!
Published August 2020
- Wedding Bells: Appliqué Jo Avery’s Double Wedding Ring quilt
- Waves of Colour: Stitch Alison Wood’s calming Bargello quilt in a serene blue and lilac colourway
- Rustic Rainbow: Add a colourful twist to the traditional Half Log Cabin with Amanda Little’s latest creation
- Nouveau Roses: Hone your reverse appliqué skills and stitch a decorative cushion in stained-glass style.
- Essential Guide: Become an expert of corded quilting with Lin Clements masterclass.
Published July 2020
- Garden of Roses: Stitch Sharon Keightley’s enchanting two-toned quilt featuring a bloom of darling appliqué florals.
- Liberty Lone Star: Show off your favourite fabric collection in this delightful strip-pieced Lone Star from Jenni Smith. She has used a set of luscious Liberty prints to really make the design shine.
- Tulips of Amsterdam: Get inspired by the beautiful city of Amsterdam as Nicola Dodd has done in her stunning pictorial quilt, featuring the city’s signature flowers and canals!
- Cosy Carnations: Stitch this satisfying weekend project: a cushion inspired by Baltimore album quilts.
- Learn all about disappearing blocks: with Lin Clements in her latest Essential Guide
Published June 2020
- Tulip Bouquets: Add a little floral flair to your home with Victoria Carrington’s stunning fabric folding project in Tilda and Makower Bijoux prints.
- True Blue: Gather shades of serene blue to feature on a contrasting white background adorned with a flock of Flying Geese to create Sally Ablett’s latest quilt.
- String-Sane: Sew up strips of your most treasured scraps and make a dent in your stash as you create Sarah Fielke’s pretty strings quilt.
- Friendship Braid: Showcase a sumptuous Liberty fabric collection in Amanda Little’s variation of the French braid that will shine no matter the season.
- Spring Bunny Tea Cosy: Hone your appliqué skills with Anne Varley’s delightful tea cosy, featuring a sweet spring bunny, and add a bit of quilted magic to your kitchen.
Published May 2020
Issue 62 is full of fabric inspiration, latest quilt-y news and projects galore! We have a sweet Log Cabin quilt in beautiful, pastel shades for you to show off some of your favourite prints; a striking fat quarter project in a beautiful sunset palette; an enchanting, Venetian-style millefiori project to delve into your stash for; and a sweet, retro-themed oven glove and potholder set with appliqué detail to give your kitchen a little makeover!
Published April 2020
This issue included a beautiful vintage-style project for you to stitch up while making a dent in your scraps stash; a modern take on the stunning Sunflower and Hearts heritage quilt in a Springtime palette of pinks and greens; a bright and airy design made entirely of half-square triangles; a delightful, Midwestern-inspired quilt in Sharon Holland’s Spirited collection; and a cheerful Hawaiian-themed tote bag to whip up over a weekend.
Published March 2020
This issue we have a clever Union Square variant in pretty pastels; a satisfying weekend project in a myriad of blues and pinks that will spruce up your dining-room; a beautiful, sun-kissed North Country Quilt inspired quilt; a speedy ‘Magic 8’ project that will help you make a favourite fabric collection shine; and a glorious row-by-row project straight from the intricate interiors of Morocco. Order your copy today in our online store.
- Paradise Found: Our gorgeous cover quilt this issue is Nicola Dodd’s spring themed quilt, featuring two variants of the Union Square block!
- Meriwether Meadow: From Art Gallery Fabrics comes this stunning Magic 8 method design, perfect for infusing a little colour into your home.
- Moroccan Magic: Jo Avery combines red, white and blue with aqua in her evocative Moorish tile project that’s bursting with summer tones.
- Paved with Gold: Carolyn Forster gets inspired by North Country Quilts in this radiant quilt in yellows and golds!
- Amethyst Appliqué tablerunner: Put your appliqué skills to the test and decorate your dining-room table in the process with Yasmeen K Branton’s pretty table runner.
- Lin Clements makes sense of equilateral triangle techniques with her expert advice
- Block of the month: Janet Clare is back with her sixth block of the month in her Spoondrift series, Mariner’s Compass.
Published February 2020
We have a bright and breezy Milkmaid’s Star quilt in a calming blue and white colourway; a satisfying floral weekend project, a show-stopping Lonestar quilt; an appliqué project to put your hand-piecing skills to the test; and a glorious foundation paper pieced beauty to get stuck into! Order your copy today in our online store!
- Blue Belle quilt: Carolyn Forster’s Milkmaid’s Star beauty
- Primrose Parade: Lin Clements’ foundation paper pieced masterpiece
- Garden Trellis: Deirdre Bond-Abel is back with yet another beautiful appliqué quilt
- Fruit Starburst: Jo Avery combines Lonestar blocks with lively colours
- Oh, Petal: Wear your work with pride with this delightful floral tote bag
- Lin Clements dishes out her knowledge on the delicate practice of kantha quilting
- Jane Rae flies us to Alabama for her next travelling quilter adventure
- Janet Clare introduces the next Spoondrift block, Seaweed.
Published January 2020
Savour the last few weeks of Winter and cosy up with issue 58 of Today’s Quilter, packed with delectable projects to inspire you for your first projects of 2020! We’ve got Spring-themed projects to get you on track to welcoming a new season; scrap-friendly designs to make a dent in your stash; geometrical showstoppers, including a pineapple block quilt; a layer cake project to get stuck into and a sweet appliqué cushion to freshen up your sofa. Anne Williams discovers the surprising repurposing of the feed sack of America’s yesteryear while Lin Clements helps you perfect your Bargello patchwork skills with our Essential Guide.