Even the fussiest guys will be cheered by these bright Father’s Day cross stitch patterns, which are sure to come in handy for birthdays, leaving dos, and other occasions. If you know a keen photographer, our cool camera is a perfect choice and will look fantastic on the front of a photo album. Or, raise a glass to your best guy friend with a nice cold beer – cheers! The palette of oranges, browns and blues looks great with a backing of kraft card, and you can jazz up your makes further with a funky patterned paper.
About the Father’s Day cross stitch patterns
- Threads: Stranded cotton as listed in the key
- Needle: Size 24 tapestry needle
- Fabric: 14-count white aida
- Stitching time: Approx 4-6 hours each
- Type of stitches: Cross stitch, backstitch
- Level: Beginner
Download the Father’s day cross stitch patterns
Click to download the Father’s Day cross stitch patterns. This is an A4 PDF with 3 charts and key on it.
Free Toolkit Father’s day Cross Stitch Pattern
Dads who are handy around the house, or who love nothing better than tinkering about underneath their cars, will love this clever toolbox card filled with cross stitch tools! A hammer, screwdriver, spanner and pliers are all stitched onto plastic canvas, then slotted behind wood-effect paper, giving this unique design dimension and texture. Simply download the printed paper design below for free, then follow our step-by-step guide.
These simple designs by Heather Nugent are perfect for stitchers of all abilities, so why not get the kids involved in making one for Father’s Day? Just tell them it’s a DIY project!
About this Toolkit Father’s day Cross Stitch Pattern
- These designs were originally published in Cross Stitch Crazy issue 190
- Each tool should take between 6 and 8 hours to stitch
- This chart is stitched in whole stitches and backstitch.
You will need
- Threads – Stranded cotton as listed in the key
- Needle – Size 24 tapestry needle
- A piece of 14-count clear plastic canvas measuring 13 x 8cm (5 x 3in) for each design
- Extras – Craft Creations Single Fold Deckle Edge card (DEC10U) in creative smooth white
- Double-sided tape.
Download the Toolkit Father’s day Cross Stitch Pattern
Download the Free toolkit cross stitch pattern (PDF), which contains four different tool designs and accompanying key.
How to make a toolkit Father’s day card
Stitch each design onto a piece of plastic canvas, then cut out each shape, leaving a single square border all the way around.
You’ll need a wood effect for the box, you can either design your own from card, or you can download this woodeffect paper to print at home. Then you need to cut to size.
Apply double-sided tape to the reverse of the printed paper along the sides and the base, then attach to the bottom half of your card.
Slot each tool into the pocket, arranging them in any order you like, then secure them to the card with a piece of double-sided tape at the back
More Father’s Day cross stitch patterns
Check out these links for more Father’s Day cross stitch patterns on Gathered.