Hands up who made a scarf as their first knitting project? Us too! But scarves aren’t just for beginners. Whatever your skill level, they’re a great way to try out new stitch patterns or show off special skeins of yarn, so for this article we’ve rounded up some of our favourite free scarf knitting patterns. You’ll also find shawls, snoods, cowls and more – neckwarmers of all sorts, in fact!
Ready to get cosy with our top free scarf knitting patterns? Then let’s cast on…
Try these free scarf knitting patterns today
- Colour block scarf pattern
- Easy lace scarf knitting pattern
- Free lace snood knitting pattern
- Free men’s scarf knitting pattern
- Free lace scarf knitting pattern
- Free shawl knitting pattern
- Garter stitch cowl
- Free hat and cowl set knitting pattern
- Chunky knit cowl pattern
- Cowl knitting pattern
Knit a colour block scarf
Use Mollie Makes’ on-trend colour-block knitting pattern to make yourself a Winter scarf.
How to knit a Colour Block scarf