Now is the perfect time to learn a new craft or brush up on your skills, and we’re here to help. We’re giving you a free digital magazine worth £9.99 to teach you how to knit and crochet.
It has 16 beautiful projects to cast on and hook up in an instant, plus we’ll guide you through 35 easy techniques to show you how easy it is to knit and crochet. Scroll down to see what a complete list of the skills you’ll learn, and a sneak peek of some of the projects you’ll make.
Of course we have lots of easy-to-follow guides for beginners and simple, free patterns for knitting and crochet here on Gathered, but we also know there are times when you want everything in one place. So we’re giving away a free 164-page Beginner’s Guide to Knitting and Crochet digital magazine when you sign up to our newsletter, below. It comes with an essential collection of tutorials from expert teachers to show you all the basics you need to get started, plus 16 beginner-friendly projects to try out your new skills.
In this free beginner guide, you’ll learn:
Want to learn how to knit?
- How to cast on and cast off knitting
- How to follow a knitting pattern
- Master the different knitting stitches – knit, purl, garter stitch, stocking stitch, rib stitch, moss stitch
- How to retrieve dropped stitches
- The basics of shaping and working with colour
- Easy projects to start you off
Want to learn how to crochet?
- How to start crocheting with a crochet hook
- How to slip stitch
- How to double crochet and treble crochet
- How to turn chains and make a tension square
- How to fasten off your yarn
- how to crochet in the round
- How to change colours and shape your work
- How to crochet a granny square
- Easy patterns and projects to get you started
How do I get my guide?
Sign up to the Gathered Makers newsletter above and we’ll send this PDF beginner’s guide straight to your inbox. You don’t have to keep getting the newsletter after you receive your guide – simply unsubscribe if you don’t want to hear from us again. Or you might enjoy receiving our twice-monthly round ups of free craft projects to brighten your inbox. Already on our mailing list? Don’t worry, we won’t leave you out. We’ll make sure we’ll send a copy to you too, included in our next monthly email.
Learn how to make these easy projects…
As we talk you through each new technique, we’ll give you 16 fun beginner projects to try out your new skills