Free Three Kings Nativity Card
Send Season's Greetings with this sweet Nativity scene, designed by Jenny Barton
Bring the story of the Nativity to life with this cute ‘Three Kings’ card design by Jenny Barton. Packed with detail, from the crowns on the kings’ heads to the gifts they’re carrying, there’s lots to enjoy stitching in this festive design. Once you've finished your stitching, follow our instructions below to make a pop-up card.
This chart originally appeared in issue 209 (Dec 2013) of The World of Cross Stitching. For more Christmas card ideas, pick up The World of Cross Stitching issue 300 (Dec 2020), on sale 2 October 2020. Pick up your copy here.
Check out more fab designs by Jenny Barton on her website: www.jbcrossstitch.com
To stitch this festive card you'll need:
- Zwegiart 14-count white aida, measuring 15x15cm (6x6in)
- Stranded cotton as listed in the key
- Size 24 tapestry needle
- Single-fold white card, coloured card, iron-on interfacing, double-sided sticky tape
How to make a fun 3D card:
- Attach your finished stitching to lightweight iron-on interfacing and cut around the shape – by adding the interfacing, you can cut the shape without the aida fraying.
- Use double-sided tape to attach your stitched shape to colour-coordinated card. Trim this to size with an even border.
- Fold a piece of white card measuring 15x15cm (6x6in) and stick your card-backed motif to the front using double-sided tape. Make sure the design doesn't stick up by more than 3cm so that the card will still fit into a standard C6 envelope.
- For a special finish, embellish the bottom of the card with glitter, ribbon or buttons.
Download the free pattern now by clicking the link below:
Free Three Kings Card Chart (PDF)
For more cross stitch inspiration, discover The World of Cross Stitching magazine here.
Jenny started her stitching life working for DMC Creative World in her early career, before branching out as a freelance cross stitch designer, regularly producing projects for Cross Stitch Gold, Cross Stitch Crazy and The World of Cross Stitching. She also manages her own website, JB Cross Stitch, where she sells PDFs of her cross stitch patterns. Jenny is a talented artist, creating incredibly realistic wildlife portraits in coloured pencil. She is mum to two girls and has a very cheeky pet parrot.
BETTER THAN HALF PRICE SUBSCRIPTIONS! Save up to £65 on magazine shop price!
Comments, questions and tips