Use these quick links to hop straight to the template you are looking for or scroll down to see the template you’re searching for below…
- Letter to Santa Free Envelope Template – issue 287
- Family Appliqué Sampler Templates – issue 286
- Coin purse template – issue 248
- Bunting template – issue 246
- Faye Whittaker HM Queen Elizabeth picture hunt, issue 243
- Mermaid cushion, issue 237
- Christmas tree skirt template, issue 235
- Teddy stocking template, issue 234
- Tropical Fish bunting, issue 231
- Garden Shed Hangings Template – issue 228
- Hanging sachet – issue 226
- Pet Stockings Template – issue 223
- Heart hanging template – issue 214
Letter to Santa Free Envelope Template
If you want to make the fun Letter to Santa project from issue 287 of The World of Cross Stitching, then you’ll find the template to make the envelope here. You can print the PDF at A3 size and draw around the template onto your fabrics. Simple!
Family Appliqué Sampler Templates
We featured this fun family appliqué sampler in issue 276 of The World of Cross Stitching, and you can download the templates here. Read on to print the PDF and draw around the templates onto your fabrics. Simple! Designer Fiona Baker’s modern take on the traditional sampler mixes cross stitch with freehand machine appliqué to create a fun portrait that the whole family is sure to love!
Free coin purse template
You’ll love our fabulous coin purses in issue 248 of The World of Cross Stitching! Once your finished stitching the adorable designs, use this template to cut out your coordinating backing fabric and follow the handy step-by-step photo instructions on page 39 of your magazine to complete your purse. The hard part will be deciding whether to keep these treasures or give them out as gifts!
Free bunting template
Use this template to cut your fabric to make the fab bunting we used for our Celebrations ABC set in issue 246 of The World of Cross Stitching. Print it out and cut the paper shape along the dotted lines.
Free bunting template
HM Queen Elizabeth: 90th birthday picture mount
In honour of HM Queen Elizabeth’s 90th birthday celebrations, you can stitch and celebrate with us on The World of Cross Stitching! Our issue 243 includes a FREE All Our Yesterdays chart to commemorate this special occasion, plus download an exclusive FREE picture mount by Faye Whittaker to show off your stitching. The chart is a free gift, only with print editions – find issue 243 in all good newsagents. The picture mount is below as a download for you to enjoy.
Free Faye Whittaker picture mount
Mermaid cushion template
Use this template to cut your fabric to make the mermaid cushion in issue 237 of The World of Cross Stitching. You’ll need to copy this chart and enlarge it by 200%.
Christmas tree skirt
Use this template to cut your fabric to make the tree skirt in issue 235 of The World of Cross Stitching. Fold your material in half lengthways before placing the template along the fold. When you cut it out you will end up with the full triangle once you unfold the fabric.
Teddy stocking template
Use this templete to cut your fabric to make the fabulous Teddy Stocking in issue 234 of the World of Cross Stitching.
Check our guide for making smaller stitches into mini cross stitch advent Christmas stockings for more ideas, too!
Tropical Fish bunting
Use this template to cut your fabric to make the fabulous bunting we used for our tropical fish alphabet and numbers set in issue 231 of The World of Cross Stitching. Download it now to print it out and cut out the paper shape.
How to make your bunting:
- Begin by appyling lightweight iron-on interfacing to the reverse of each of your finished stitched letters. This will prevent the shapes from fraying when you cut out the flags.
- Cut your fabric size for each of the letters, to measure the same as the dotted outside line. Take care to make sure your stitched letter is centrally placed as you draw the template shape around each finished motif!
- Then hem around each bunting flag, to match the solid inner line – press your hems first, using an 0.5cm (¼in) hem, and sew by machine or hand. Make sure too, to sew the top of each bunting flag with a slightly larger channel ‘hem’ so that you can thread the flags onto your ribbon or bias binding to hang.
Garden shed hangings template
Use this template to cut out your backing fabric so you can make the fab hanging garden sheds from The World of Cross Stitching issue 228!
Hanging sachet template
Use this template to cut out your backing fabric and stitching from the free kit from The World of Cross Stitching issue 226!
Pet stockings template
Use this stocking template to cut out your fabric for your pet stockings from The World of Cross Stitching issue 223, page 69! The template is for cutting the fabric size required, you’ll need to measure 1cm (¼in) in from this for the seam allowance.
Heart hanging template
Use this heart template to cut out your fabric and cross stitch patterns from issue 214, pg 57 to the correct size to make the gorgeous shabby chic heart hangings.