Free papercraft pillow box template
If you're looking for a gift box with a difference, then a dainty pillow box might be just what you're looking for!
A pillow box is a shaped gift box that is curved, and is perfect for wrapping up items of jewellery, chocolates or other small trinkets. Once you've crafted your pillow box, you can wrap it with ribbon, vellum or patterned papers. Then add a gift tag to finish!
Pillow boxes make a great alternative to crackers on festive table displays, or as party or wedding favours. Choose a medium weight card for the box (220-240gsm works great) and use a bone folder to create a sharp finish on your scored lines.
If you’re looking to boost your stash (and grab some freebies!), why not check out our collection of patterned papers, all free to download. We love these free fishing printables! Looking for more gift box ideas, we've rounded up some of the best (and unique!) gift boxes in our article, DIY gift boxes.
How to make a pillow box:
- Create a small pillow box shape from a piece of acetate using your free pillow box template.
- Tear a strip of vellum to 80 x 85mm and emboss - we're using a snowflake embossing folder. Wrap around the box and secure with tape.
- Fill with chocolate coins (or other tasty snack!).
- Wrap with gold ribbon and tie in a bow.
- Cut some small tag shapes from acetate and vellum. Emboss, again we're using a snowflake embossing folder, tie with gold thread and add to the box.
- Cut some embellishments - we've gone for snowflakes - from acetate and vellum.
- Layer together and decorate with glitter glue and adhesive gems. Add to the box.
Download your free pillow box template:
To download the template, click on the link below and it will open in a new window. You can then save/download the PDF. The PDF contains one template.
Section Editor, Your Home