This free collection of butterfly patterned paper is ideal for summer birthdays or anniversaries – we love the mauve and pink colour scheme, dainty florals and bright prints. Card designer Tracey Grundy has three pretty card ideas to try using Matilda Smith’s butterfly and wildflower themed papers – download your free butterfly paper collection today!
Want more free patterned paper? Take a look at our ever-growing collection of free patterned papers, there are lots to choose from and there are lots of different themes. Or more general card making, let us show you how to make cards. We love seeing what you make with our free printable papers, so don’t forget to share your cards and papercraft projects with us on Facebook and Twitter, too!
Card inspiration for your free downloads
Thank you card
- First, download your free butterfly paper collection.
- Attach a 135mm square of purple floral paper to a 140mm square white base.
- Trim a 50 x 125mm piece of white card to a pennant. Stamp a sentiment onto the pennant with black ink, wrap with thin green organza ribbon and punch a butterfly at the bottom as shown. Attach to the base with sticky fixers. Punch a butterfly from pink floral paper and add to the pennant.
- Trim two triangles from pink floral paper and add to the corners as shown. Draw details with a black fine liner pen. Add coloured pearls to the butterflies, to finish.
You make me happy
- Attach a 135mm square of purple butterfly paper to a 140mm square white base.
- Mark the centre point along the right-hand side of a 135mm square of pink butterfly paper and cut a 50mm slit towards the centre of the square. Fold back the two sections. Trim triangles from pink card to attach on top as shown. Add the panel to base.
- Draw details with a black fine liner pen. Stamp a sentiment onto some white card, trim to a pennant; add to the base with sticky fixers.
- Add a die-cut butterfly and pearls, to finish.
- Layer a 130mm square of white card onto a 135mm square of black card. Wrap with two lengths of thin green organza ribbon and secure in place on the reverse. Attach to a 140mm square white base with sticky fixers.
- Cut 50mm squares from four different coloured papers. Punch a butterfly from the centre of each square and layer onto some black card. Punch butterflies from pink and purple patterned papers and add to each layered square. Attach the squares to the base with sticky fixers.
- Stamp a sentiment onto a 75 x 35mm piece of white card with black ink, trim to a banner and add to the base with sticky fixers. Add black pearls to the butterflies, to finish.
Download your free butterfly paper collection:
To download the butterfly paper collection, click on the link and it will open in a new window. You can then save/download the collection. Scroll the gallery to see what freebies you’re getting!