How to make an origami Christmas tree. Even the smallest of dwellings requires a Christmas tree. This one is made from pretty Japanese papers in green, silver and gold and is very straightforward to make based on a simple folded fan shape. You could just as easily make yours from giftwrap, or go for an all white look for sophisticated elegance.
Origami Christmas tree tutorial
Why not use your papers that come in every issue of Mollie Makes to make your origami Christmas tree? You can download a selection here.
• 14 paper rectangles, two of each measuring 21 x 28cm (81⁄4 x 11in), 18 x 28cm (7 x 11in), 16 x 28cm (61⁄4 x 11in), 13.5 x 26cm (51⁄4 x 101⁄8in), 12 x 26cm (43⁄4 x 101⁄8in),
9 x 25cm (31⁄2 x 97⁄8in), 6 x 22cm (23⁄8 x 85⁄8in)
• Piece of patterned paper measuring:
• 11.5 x 11.5cm (41⁄2 x 41⁄2in) for the trunk
• One sheet of A4 (US letter) silver paper for the base
• Two 30cm (12in) wooden barbeque skewers
• Thin wire
• Pencil and ruler
• Craft knife and cutting mat
• Small pair of scissors
• Glue stick and quick-drying glue tube
• Darning needle
The pleated circles also make wonderful decorations. Fold some really large ones in gold and silver and hang them up for a stunning display.
Don’t forget to keep in touch and send us pics of your origami Christmas trees. Check out our official Facebook page, Twitter tweetage and pic-a-tures on Instagram.