This beginners sewing project is a quick and easy way to practise basic sewing, quilting and binding skills. Make the border of your project really stand out with a bright and bold binding fabric.
You will need…
To make one coaster and one placemat:
- Coaster fabric nine (9) 2in squares
- Placemat fabric nine (9) 2½in squares
- Background fabric one (1) fat quarter
- Backing fabric one (1) fat quarter
- Binding fabric one (1) fat quarter
- Batting 18in x 22in
Coaster: 4½in square approx
Placemat: 14in x 16in approx
Seam allowances are ¼in throughout, unless otherwise noted
Solid fabrics: we’ve used Kona Solids in Goldfish and Pool.