We’re excited to feature this vibrant patchwork cushion project from one of our favourite quilt designers, Nicole Calver, to help you continue the tropical theme throughout your home. Read on to find out how to sew a patchwork cushion using jungle prints (our cushion features Leah Duncan’s Wild collection for Cloud9 Fabrics) or why not sew your stash and use it to show off your favourite scrap fabrics?
See more of Nicole Calver’s work at snipssnippets.ca and on Instagram @snipssnippets
How to make an easy patchwork cushion
You will need…
- Twelve (12) assorted scraps (at least 3in square)
- Eight (8) assorted scraps (at least 5½in square)
- Border fabric: one (1) fat quarter
- Backing fabric: one (1) 15½in x 20½in piece
- Lining fabric: 19in x 24in
- Batting: 19in x 24in
- 18in zipper
- Cushion pad
15in x 20in
- Seam allowances are ¼in, unless otherwise noted.
- RST = right sides together.
We’re excited to feature this beautiful quilt to match this cushion by Nicole Calver, in issue 76 of Love Patchwork & Quilting magazine. You can find the instructions for how to make Nicole’s Monsoon Season quilt in our Digital issue 76, available via our apps for Apple Newsstand, Google Play or Zinio.