Sewing Quarter is the only TV channel dedicated to all things sewing, and they’re about to welcome YouTube’s sewing sensation Debbie Shore to the family.
Whether you are a beginner, intermediate or expert sewist Debbie has some amazing tips and knowledge to share with us all.
Many of us have seen some of Debbie awesome dressmaking, bag making and homeware sewing skills but for her debut on Sewing Quarter we will see her demonstrate something brand new, which she’s never done before!
Debbie will be combining two of her hobbies into one project (and we’ll give you a clue, one of the hobbies is sewing). Make sure you tune in to our TV channel on the 13th and 14th June to see what she’s got planned.
Set those reminders, click record and make sure you don’t miss out on Freeview channel 73, Sky Channel 687 or check out our website at www.sewingquarter.com.
Sewing Quarter TV is your go-to place to watch live demos of sewing and quilting projects, shop for our exclusive Simply Sewing project kits and see our favourite designers and brands from the UK sewing industry live on air. Watch Sewing Quarter live on Sky 687, Freeview 73, YouTube or watch online at www.sewingquarter.com.
What is Sewing Quarter TV?
Sewing Quarter is a daily channel dedicated to showcasing and demo’ing the best sewing and quilting products, featuring experts from across the sewing community. They offer daily inspiration, practical advice and tempting shopping offers to help you boost your stash with the latest kit and fabric ranges.
- Learn something new with new & exclusive sewing projects on air every day
- Meet the experts: The shows presenters are joined by special guests including: Mandy Shaw, Lisa Lam, Alistair MacDonald & more.
- Shop the latest fabric ranges: From Kaffe Fassett to Liberty, Sewing Quarter works with leading fabric brands to feature exciting new fabric releases and kits to brighten up your sewing space.
“What’s that? Did you say Sewing TV?”
Oh yes, you heard us right! If you haven’t yet seen our sister TV channel, Sewing Quarter features top UK (and US) quilt designers to bring you key techniques and exciting new sewing projects, designed just for the channel, for you to make at home.
The channel’s buyers have travelled the world to find must-have fabrics and accessories for your kit. Be inspired to take your hobby to the next level, as they’ll be offering daily sewing tutorials, tips and tricks plus the best of sewing stash for you to play with.
We got to chat to fan-favourite presenter John Scott back when Sewing Quarter launched last year…
Presenter Q&A: Meet John Scott
When did your passion for fabric begin?
I worked with fabrics while making costumes in theatre. As Costume Supervisor on Interview with the Vampire I would shop for fabrics with the uber-talented Costume Designer Sandy Powell. Her innate sense of colour and texture totally left me in awe.
Which colours and patterns are you naturally drawn to?
I love the patterns of Asia and colour clashing. If Mother Nature puts two colours together then it’s alright for me to do so too! I adore Liberty Tana Lawn. When I cut the ladies’ dresses for the National tour of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers they were made from Liberty fabric. I was in 7th heaven!
Is there a particular quilting technique you’d like to learn?
Ever since I can remember I have had patchwork quilts on my bed; now I have one in all my bedrooms but have never made one. There are so many quilting styles so I feel I’m going to be very busy learning them all!
So what can you expect from Sewing Quarter TV!
We asked the Sewing Quarter team to tell us what our readers can expect from their sewing shopping channel. Here’s what you can see on air…
- All your favourite products at delightfully affordable prices
- The best new sewing and quilting products in the land with you in mind
- Experts share their knowledge with you (and with us – we love to learn too!)
- Shopping for stash that’s as easy as pie (and just as satisfying!) – they’ll deliver your products within 4-6 working days
- A 30-day “no quibble” guarantee (because us creative types are allowed to change our minds)
- Programmes filled with fun, passion and plenty of surprises!