Whether you’re just starting out on your sewing journey or you’re an experience stitcher looking for a simple sew, stock up on jerseys for this issue’s Staple Tee. This beginner’s style sewing pattern, with grown-on sleeves and a loose fit, is satisfyingly simple to sew and a joy to wear.
You can make it as a classic tee or jersey dress, and along the way you’l learn how to sew with stretch fabrics, and add a neckband and cuffs for a neat finish.
So what you’re waiting for? It’s time to boost your skills and your wardrobe!
The Staple Tee sewing pattern
This T-shirt sewing pattern with extra dress version is available as a digital (PDF) pattern in our Etsy store
UK size 6-20 (US size 4-18, EUR 34-48)
You will need:
- Knit fabric: For the dress: 2.3mx140cm (21⁄2ydsx55in), or for the top: 1.5mx140cm (13⁄4ydsx55in)
- Lightweight ribbing (optional): 10x140cm (4x55in), for the cuffs and neckband
- Ballpoint sewing machine needle
- Twin ballpoint sewing machine needle (optional)
- Matching thread
- Basic sewing kit
Light to medium-weight knit fabrics such as cotton jersey, ponte roma and viscose jersey.
- Learn to sew with stretch knit fabrics
- Add a neckband
- Attach cuffs to sleeves
- Garment construction: make a simple T-shirt top
Order your copy t shirt pattern today in our Etsy store