Hello, new fave frock! This dress sewing pattern has an easy-to-sew kimono sleeves (make them with no fiddly setting-in, yay!), plus pockets, a pleated waist and V-neckline.
As the balmy days of summer drift into a cooler autumnal vibe, we’re met with the same dilemma every year – what to wear? When it’s not quite warm enough for our floaty frocks (sob!) but not quite cold enough for snuggling up in a cosy knit, we need easy-to-wear styles we can layer up.
The Adele Dress was our cover star for issue 34 of Simply Sewing magazine and is now available as a digital sewing pattern in our Etsy shop. This versatile tulip dress comes in UK sizes 6-20 (US 4-18/EUR 34-38), is the all-season, all-occasion dress our wardrobe has been waiting for, with two lengths to choose from. Chose a lightweight fabric that has some drape but is still crisp enough to hold those oh-so-pretty pleats – we used the swoon-worthy Rifle Paper Co. Wonderland rayon.
Tulip Dress sewing pattern – The Adele Dress
Get this digital sewing pattern today in our Etsy pattern store.
You will need
- Fabric: Dress A: 115cm (45in) width fabric x 2.9m (21⁄4yds); 140cm (55in) width x 2.5m (23⁄4yds) for all sizes
- Fabric: Dress B: 115cm (45in) width fabric x 2.6m (3yds); 140cm (55in) width x 2.1m (21⁄4yds) for all sizes
- Iron-on interfacing: 30x60cm (11x24in), to match fabric weight
- Invisible zip: 56cm (22in)
Light to medium weight fabrics, preferably with some drape, such as cotton, cotton lawn, rayon, crepe or linen blend.
- Insert pleats to make a shaped skirt
- Sew pockets
- Have a go at kimono sleeves – they’re really easy!
- Add a zip
- Dress-making basics: attach the skirt to the bodice
- Practise your hemming skills along the sleeve and bottom edges.