What to write in a graduation card for anyone
With graduation just around the corner, it’s time to start drafting the perfect words to say congratulations!
Graduation is a huge milestone in a person's life. All of their hours of hard work and dedication (and occasional partying) have paid off and earned them a degree.
This degree opens plenty of new doors filled with opportunities. But before they jump straight into the next phase of their life, it’s time to celebrate and say congratulations.
Finding the best graduation wishes can be tricky, but with our ideas below we’re sure you can find the right words for them. We’ve broken down the messages into categories so you can easily find what you are looking for.
An important thing to remember when drafting your message is to make sure it’s personal, sincere and suited to your relationship with them. You should consider how you want them to feel or what you want them to know. Do you want to express your pride? Celebrate with them? Or maybe you want to put a smile on their face with a funny message?
Whatever works for you we have the perfect graduation message for all occasions.
Main image: Unsplash
Graduation card ideas for anyone
Sweet graduation messages suitable for all
Keep it short and sweet with these graduation wishes.
- Congratulations on your graduation!
- You did it! Congratulations on your graduation.
- A big well done on your graduation.
- All of your hard work and dedication have paid off. Congratulations on your graduation.
- Congratulations! Best of luck with your next adventure.
- What an amazing achievement! Congratulations on your graduation
- We’re so proud of you!
- Well done, what an incredible milestone.
- Congratulations on all you’ve achieved!
- The world is your oyster! Well done on your graduation.
Funny graduation messages
Make them giggle with these funny card messages.
- It’s no longer socially acceptable to get drunk on a Tuesday afternoon. Happy graduation!
- Get ready to be overworked and underpaid! Well done on your graduation.
- Woohoo you made out alive! Time to celebrate your graduation.
- It’s amazing you turned all of that beer into a qualification!
- You did it! You clever cookie!
Graduation wishes for a friend
Whether you’re graduating together or supporting your friend, let them know how happy you are for them.
- It was worth the sleepless nights. Congrats on graduating!
- We did it! I’m so proud of us.
- Uni? Completed it, mate!
- Congratulations on your graduation! I think it’s my round.
- Well done on your graduation! Let’s celebrate in true Uni style.
Got another special occasion in mind?
We’ve got card messages for all occasions. Find the right words with Gathered.
Graduation wishes for your daughter
Let your daughter know how proud you are of her! You can tailor them to be from both mum and dad or any parental figure. These can also be used for your son.
- We’re so proud of you! Look at what you’ve achieved.
- Congratulations on your graduation, we couldn’t be more proud of you.
- We knew you could do it!
- To my wonderful daughter, congratulations on graduating! Love from Mum and Dad.
- You’re one step closer to achieving your dreams. We knew you could do it!
Graduation wishes for your son
Say congratulations to your son with these thoughtful messages. These can also be used for your daughter!
- To the best son, congratulations on your graduation! We’re so proud of you!
- We’re so proud of what you have achieved and so excited to support you in your next steps!
- It seems like just yesterday we sent you off to your first day of school. Look at you now! We’re so proud of the person you are today.
- We’re so proud of your achievements! Congratulations on graduating.
- How brilliant are you? We’re so proud to have such a dedicated son. We can’t wait to see you take the world by storm.
Graduation wishes for your sister
Whether it's your big or little sister, let them know how much you support them and how happy you are!
- To the very best [big/little] sister, congratulations on your graduation.
- Congratulations to the slightly more successful sibling!
- When you are rich and successful can I come and live with you?
- Yay, you did it! I knew you could (you were always the clever one).
- I’m so proud to have you as a sister! Congratulations on your graduation.
Graduation wishes for your brother
Let your brother know how happy you are for his graduation.
- To an awesome [big/little] brother, congrats on your graduation. We’re all so proud of you!
- You might have got the smarts, but I got the looks. Well done on graduating!
- I’m so proud to have a brother like you!
- Congratulations to my brother! I can’t wait to see what you do next.
- Yay, you did it! Clever clogs!
Graduation wishes for your girlfriend
Choose the right words for your girlfriend to ensure she knows how proud you are of her on this big day.
- You’re amazing! Smart and beautiful. Congrats on your graduation. I can't wait to celebrate with you.
- Congratulations to my girlfriend! I can’t wait to support you on your next adventure.
- You did it! I can’t wait to celebrate with you.
- I’m so proud of you! I can’t wait to see what you do next.
- Well done to my wonderful girlfriend! Let’s celebrate!
Graduation wishes for your boyfriend
Let your boyfriend know how amazing he is!
- Congratulations to my lovely boyfriend! I’m so proud of you on your graduation!
- I can’t wait to celebrate with you.
- You’re brilliant! I knew you would ace it!
- Well done on this amazing achievement! I’m so happy for you.
- You did it! Congratulations on your graduation.
Graduation wishes for your partner
Celebrate your partner's achievements with these special messages.
- What an amazing achievement! I am so proud of you [name].
- Congratulations my love, I’m so proud of you!
- Congrats to the most beautiful person I know - you’re brilliant!
- I can’t wait to see what you do next! Happy graduation day!
- Well done to my amazing partner. Let’s celebrate!
Finding the right words for graduation celebrations
Choosing the right words can bring a graduation card to life! It can make it personal, special and might even bring a tear to their eye.
You’ve found the words, now find the graduation card!
If you want to take it a step further and make your own graduation card to insert your message into, then check out these amazing star burst cards.
Katie Dolan edits our needlework sections, focusing on our embroidery and cross stitch articles, as well as making videos for our arts and crafts projects. Katie runs her jewellery business, Ophelia Jewellery Art, on Etsy, where she sells beautiful resin-pressed flower earrings. She has a wide range of craft interests including embroidery – she particularly loves all things pop culture and a less traditional approach – The Simpsons and Rick & Morty are among her favourites to embroider. She has recently completed a silversmith workshop and hopes to expand her jewellery business with these new skills. When she’s not crafting, she’s usually fuelling her Harry Potter addiction with a Sunday film marathon and a couple of butter beers!
The Perfect Gift from just £22.49 - subscribe to any craft magazine today and Save up to 52%!