Love Patchwork & Quilting latest issue
The quilting fun has just begun! Issue 111 of Love Patchwork & Quilting hits the shops this week. Here’s a look at our brand new issue…
Issue 111 of Love Patchwork & Quilting is here to bring you fun makes and quick wins! The issue is packed with simple blocks, speedy patterns and bite-sized options, so even if you’re fabric rich but time poor, you can treat yourself to a feel-good finish. Kate Webber’s graphic wall hanging can be pieced in just one sitting, while Sylvia Raschella’s cute strawberry mini quilt is an ideal afternoon make. We’ve also got Half-square Triangles (hello, Art Gallery Fabrics’ stunning cover quilt!), easy strips, basic squares and minimal blocks, so you can ensure a quick win no matter your style or technical ability.
PLUS: Check out the Pineapple Block templates that come with this issue!
Don't miss your reader extras!Head to our Love Patchwork & Quilting magazine homepage to find handy reader resources, from free quilt patterns to recent pattern corrections and our issue templates.
Look inside issue 111!
Take a peek at the projects that will be bringing fun and funkiness into your home – find out how to make all this and more in our new issue...
This month we're getting to grips with the classic Pineapple block: your two bonus acrylic templates will help you make sure they're on point!
Soak up the summery vibes of the vibrant jungle and ocean-inspired prints in this easy Half-square Triangle quilt
Take a bite out of this berry cute quilt and matching mini made with simple strips, Flying Geese and Corner-square Triangles
Spin cheerful florals and polka dots into Pinwheel blocks in this Half-square Triangle quilt and coordinating tote bag
Piece floral fabrics into this cute cushion using the handy set of Pineapple block templates that came with this issue!
Use a variety of funky prints to piece this simple patchwork duffle bag – it's the perfect intro to bagmaking for beginners!
Punchy solids combine to make this geometric quilt and cushion with a modern take on the traditional Irish Chain design
You'll learn how to sew Cathedral Window blocks with ease and confidence due to Paula Steel's handy step-by-step Technique Focus tutorial
Introducing our brand new Little Forest Block of the Month series by Shannon Fraser! In the first block of this skill-building BOM, you'll learn how to needle turn appliqué curved pieces
Missed an issue?
Catch up with our handy guide to our most recent magazines or stock up your stash in our online store.
Issue 110: On sale April 2022
- Gift: Half hexie template
- Retro Hexies: You'll be able to use your handy 12-blade Dresden template that came with this issue of LP&Q to piece this beginner-friendly mini quilt!
- Modern Blooms: Take a bite out of these stunning, supersized Orange Peel blocks – they're the perfect easy intro to curved piecing for quilty beginners!
- Shine Bright: Colour pop solids line up to form rows of shining jewels in this easy-piece Half-square Triangle quilt and cushion duo with a difference!
- Sea Breeze: Calling all newbie quilters! Basic square blocks showcasing fun sea-themed prints make this the perfect beginner quilt for you to tackle
- Party Time: You'll have a blast piecing this Foundation Paper Pieced quilt and matching cushion featuring colourful bunting in a variety of playful prints
- English Garden: Spend some time peacefully hand stitching this EPP cushion with blooming florals in luscious Liberty prints
- Puppy Love: Let sleeping dogs lie with this adorable, beginner-friendly patchwork dog bed that your favourite canine companion is sure to adore
- Tech: You'll learn how to sew Half- rectangle Triangles from Layer Cakes with ease and confidence due to Paula Steel's handy step-by-step tutorial
- BOM: Fall in love with the Sawtooth Star block one last time with Block F of Wendy Chow's Setting Suns Block of the Month series – then it's time to piece
Issue 109: On sale March 2022
- Gift: 12-blade Dresden template
- Dreamy Dresdens: You'll be able to use your handy 12-blade Dresden template that came with this issue of LP&Q to piece this beginner-friendly mini quilt!
- Greener Pastures: Spring into action and piece this quilt and mini featuring a bountiful garden of Half-square Triangles in teal, pink and orange
- Retro Flow: You'll quickly get into the groove of curved piecing due to the simple supersized blocks in this graphic quilt and its coordinating cushion
- Peace Out!: It's time to expand your crafty skillset! Build your confidence with Foundation Paper Piecing by stitching up this feel-good peace sign mini quilt
- Mix & Match: Use a range of different fabrics to piece patchwork perfection in this Flying Geese quilt and mini pair that's teaming with texture!
- Jungle Boogie: Channel the botanical trend to piece this stylish money plant mini quilt – it's sure to make the perfect decoration for a modern home
- Pastel Party: Get acquainted with the versatile Half-square Triangle in this fun, fat quarter friendly quilt featuring arrows aplenty and a fun assortment of prints
- Tech: Learn how to quilt-as-you-go with your leftover selvedge in Paula Steel's handy technique tutorial
- BOM: Create cool effects with Corner-square Triangles in the fifth block of Wendy Chow's Block of the Month series! You're sure to fall in love with the Sawtooth Star block after sewing along
Issue 108: On sale February 2022
- Gift: The Clever Little Book of Quilty Know How
- Bee's Knees: We think this quilt and cushion duo featuring colourful bees buzzing around their homely hive is as sweet as honey and we hope you do too!
- Happy Scrappy: Save the planet (and your bank account!) by piecing this scrap-friendly cushion duo using colourful prints you have lying around your fabric stash
- Rainbow Sparkles: Simple squares and rectangles in colour block solids come out to play in this punchy quilt pattern and its cute coordinating cushion!
- Fresh Blooms: Discover the joys of slow stitching and try your hand at needle turn appliqué for this flower-filled quilt project
- Knots & Crosses: You'll mix simple techniques, chequerboard piecing, as well as a few hand quilted touches, to make this subtly stylish throw for the home
- Tropical Sunrise: Dip your toes into this simple project boasting HSTs in bright, beachy shades of green, pink and yellow
- Double Denim: Make a statement with this dreamy denim patchwork backpack featuring easy-piece Half-square Triangles in beautiful blues and a fun print lining
- Take Note: Fabric measurements, quilty goals, future projects... whatever you're taking notes on, this English Paper Pieced notepad cover will keep them safe
- Tech: Our tech expert Paula Steel walks you through the beginner-friendly disappearing nine-patch block with this handy tutorial and baby quilt project
- BOM: Easy four-patch squares and Half-square Triangles combine to create the stunning fourth block of Wendy Chow's Setting Suns BOM series
Issue 107: On sale January 2022
- Gift: Nifty Half-rectangle Triangle template
- Hexie Heaven: Easy triangles in retro floral prints are transformed into a whole host of hexies that'll brighten up any room
- Morning Harvest: In this stunning quilt and cushion pair, ditsy autumnal blooms come together in a field full of flowers made from easy-piece HST blocks
- Rainbow Sparkles: Simple squares and rectangles in colour block solids come out to play in this punchy quilt pattern and its cute coordinating cushion!
- Walk the Line: Calling all beginners: with fun fabrics, simple stripes and shining diamonds, this straightforward project would make the perfect first quilt!
- Denim Dreams: Get creative with your wardrobe castoffs to piece this pair of nature-inspired, sustainable mini quilts
- Pretty in Pink: It's time to have a paper piecing party with these three mini FPP blocks that are oozing with positivity!
- Into the Jungle: Your handy HRT template that came with this issue of LP&Q will come in handy when you're piecing this funky tropical print cushion!
- Tech: Follow the path to curved piecing perfection and achieve stunning results by following Kate Webber's step-by-step tutorial on how to piece Drunkard's Path blocks like a total pro!
- BOM: It's time for another block in Wendy Chow's Setting Suns Block of the Month series! This issue, master Corner-square Triangles and easy diagonal seams to make the third block
Issue 106: On sale December 2021
- Gift: 40 Foundation Paper Piecing templates
- Neon Wave: Make a statement with clever triangle piecing to create this bright and bold quilt and cushion pair
- Sherbet Sunset: The sweetest shades of pink, yellow and blue combine in a playful burst of colour in this HST quilt and coordinating cushion
- Pawsome Panda: Time to expand your quilty skillset! Get to grips with English Paper Piecing by making an adorable red panda pal
- Disco Dancin': Quilt the night away with an assortment of punchy colour block solids to create this easy-breezy checkerboard quilt and cushion duo
- Scrappy Stitches: A feast of colourful foodie prints are served in this beginner-friendly, scrap-happy FPP Log Cabin baby quilt and Economy square mini!
- Snow Day: Easy-piece HSTs and Flying Geese units combine to create frosty snowflakes in a quilt that'll give you chills!
- Rainbow Hearts: Signed, sealed and delivered – these adorable multicoloured patchwork postcards are yours to enjoy!
- Tech: Follow Kate Webber's expert tutorial on walking foot quilting to easily machine sew neat, straight lines in a wide variety of eye-catching patterns
- BOM: Join Wendy Chow for the second block in her new Setting Suns BOM series! This month, play with strip piecing and striped HSTs to make this stunning Sawtooth Star block
Issue 105: On sale November 2021
- Gift: Point trimmer tools
- Garden Party: Colourful HSTs, QSTs and simple squares come together to create this jubilant quilt and cushion combo
- Peachy Keen: Simple Half-square Triangles and Quarter-square Triangles adorn this cute quilt and cushion duo in the sweetest shades of orange and pink
- Up, Up & Away: Bright skies are ahead with this graphic quilt that uses curved templates to help you easily piece striking Drunkard’s Path blocks
- Homeward Bound: Stars twinkle above cosy homes in this quilt which uses nifty templates to piece Mariner’s Compass, Lone Star and Morning Star blocks
- Perfect Pixels: Spend an afternoon stitching this quick and easy cushion pair which feature beginner-friendly checkerboard patterns in teal, green and pink
- Rainbow Rows: Sunshine, lollipops and quilts everywhere... Piece this full-size and mini quilt duo with a modern take on the traditional Log Cabin block
- Triangle Twist: You can use the point trimmers that came with this issue of LP&Q to easily piece the triangles that make up this sleekly simple tasselled mini quilt
- Tech: Learn how to sew applique clamshells with this easy step-by-step tutorial
- BOM: Our brand new Block of the Month series is here! Each month, sew along with Wendy Chow’s Setting Suns series to create a sky full of stars, starting with this easy-piece HST block.
Issue 104: On sale October 2021
- Gift: Gracey Larson's bonus Christmas projects booklet (UK), Modern Medallion booklet (Overseas)
- Peppermint Party: Satisfy your sweet tooth with this simple, beginner-friendly quilt which features a range of festive prints in easy-piece squares
- Holly Jolly: Half-square Triangles and Flying Geese blocks combine to create graphic leaves and berries in this super festive quilt and cushion combo!
- Twice as Nice: This beginner-friendly cushion duo features two festive phrases with easy, traditionally-pieced letters
- Cosy Cabin: Old meets new in this Log Cabin quilt which features a sleek, modern take on traditional Christmassy colours of red, green and gold
- Christmas Cutie: Make this cosy polar bear softie and his scrappy Christmas lights jumper, it’s the perfect gift for a little one!
- Present Pouches: It’s time to get scrap-happy with this sustainable sewing project, featuring three sweet patchwork gift bags to choose from!
- Twinkle Twinkle: Show off your festive print fabrics with large HST stars and Economy units in this strikingly simple two-tone Christmas quilt
- Tech: Use this step-by-step tutorial to get confident with 3D English Paper Piecing and create impressive handmade decorations for your tree
- BOM: Last but certainly not least: sit back with a calming cuppa and hand stitch this dainty FPP teacup, the final block of Jo Hart’s Home Sweet Home Block of the Month series
Issue 103: On sale September 2021
- Gift: 50 festive appliqué templates
- Pins and Needles: Go to town with triangle templates to make this scrappy Christmas tree quilt by Art Gallery Fabrics
- Starry Night: Lynne Goldsworthy's modern take on the Christmas theme features a scatter of big, bold, beginner-friendly stars
- Kate Webber: Use your appliqué templates to make this scrap-busting Christmas jumper mini-quilt by Kate Webber
- Rockin' Robin: Kate Webber's festive banner allows you to mix and match your new Christmas templates
- Snowy Skies: Flying Geese units soar across a night's sky in this cosy quilt by Karen Lewis
- Counting Down: Try out this easy-piece apartment block advent calendar by Sarah Griffiths, perfect to fill with sweet treats in the run-up to Christmas!
- Chess Champion: Portable patchwork chess set by Wendy Chow for endless games on the go
- BOM: Jo Hart's sewing machine block
- Gift: Nifty jelly roll templates
- Catching Rays: Twist simple strips into an eye-catching Lone Star quilt design by Lynne Goldsworthy
- Flower Market: Bay Corbishley's bold combo of Orange Peel and Drunkard's Path blocks in a riot of ditsy prints
- Mountain Sunset: Gracey Larson's graphic quilt with bright solids, geometric shapes and plenty of Corner-square Triangles
- Hazy Days: Whip up this cute quilt and cushion duo by Cait Lisle in no time thanks to 8-in-1 Half-square Triangles
- Pumpkin Patch: Modern mini-quilt by Amanda McCabe which puts a lively twist on the traditional Log Cabin block
- Graphic Geese: A sleek and stylish tote bag by Debbie von Grabler-Crozier featuring simple Flying Geese blocks
- Mist and Mustard: A minimal colour pairing and unique block design quilt by Lynne Goldsworthy
- BOM: Jo Hart's books block
Issue 101: On sale August 2021
- Gift: A nifty Corner Tool comes with issue 101!
- Go for Gold: Go HST crazy with Paula Steel's lovely quilt and matching pillow
- Minty fresh: Try Sarah Griffith's modern take on the traditional Sawtooth Star block
- Summer Breeze: Strip piecing meets easy-stitch triangles in Debbie Von Grabler-Crozier's stylish set of windmill cushions
- Happy Hexies: Susi Bellingham puts a fun twist on EPP and FPP
- Line Dance: Sew bright colour combos with Monkia Henry's quilt and matching tote
- Fruit Smoothie: Feeling fruity? Quilt Gracey Larson's quilt and cushion duo
- Wild Gems: Art Gallery Fabrics created a gorgeous crisp diamond quilt for us
- BOM: Jo Hart's cottage block
Issue 100: On sale July 2021
- Gift: Five stencils come with issue 100!
- Scrap happy: Make Wendy Chow's s picnic quilt and matching tote
- Ocean inspired: Stitch Nicola Dodd's breezy quilt with little turtles
- Groove on: Lysa Flower's curvy chenille quilt blocks
- Ohio star blocks: Lynne Goldsworthy's stunning quilt
- Switch it up: Karen Lewis's Courthouse Steps quilt
- Puff quilting: Read Kate Webber's guide for beginners
- Lazy Daisy: Louisa Goult's quilt is the perfect slow summer evening project
- BOM: Jo Hart's kitty cat block
Issue 99: On sale June 2021
- Handy colour wheel tool gift
- Summer-lovin' mix 'n' match quilt
- PJ case and sloth buddy by Lucy Ward
- Super-sized HST's and Flying Geese block quilt
- Half-square Triangles and speedy stripes quilt
- Jo Hart's Block of the Month
- Sawtooth stars quilt
- Kate Webber's Porthole mini quilt
- Kona colour of the year inspired Bargello quilt
- Debbie Von Grabler-Crozier's beginner-friendly tote
- Hand-tied knots and pops of colour into this gorgeous quilt
Issue 98: On sale May 2021
- Free gift: A handy Diamond Template
- Striking chevron quilt: Make Justine Wilson's Half-square Triangles and Flying Geese quilt
- Scrappy diamond quilt: Use your new tool to make Sarah Griffiths mini quilt
- Take It Easy: Debbie Von Grabler-Crozier's chilled out mini quilt is the ideal weekend project
- The art of Boro: Recycle your favourite scraps into Susan Briscoe's traditional komebukuro
- Master the art of appliqué: Make Yasmeen K Branton's hand-stitched cushion inspired by Kilim textiles
- Make a statement: Wendy Chow's Drunkard's Path blocks quilt
- Trapunto Quilting: Learn all about it with Kate Webber's tutorial
- Go modern: Cait Lisle's Quarter Log Cabin block has a bold, graphic edge
- Colourful quilts: Sew Sarah Campbell's fun, eye-catching quilt
Issue 97: On sale April 2021
- Free gift: Get your hands on the mag and get five fussy cut templates.
- Double trouble: Jo Hart's FPP stylish cushions
- Neon brights: Amy Ball's contemporary quilt
- Perfection in plaid: Debbie Von Grabler-Crozier's spring quilt
- Cutie alert: Lucy Ward's seaside softie tutorial
- Starry goodness: Sherry Shish's Half-square Triangle quilt
- Bright quilt: Lynne Goldsworthy's pretty FPP quilt
- Romantic blocks: Kate Webber's guide to beginner improv piecing
- Retro funkiness: Lysa Flower's boom box bags
Issue 96: On sale March 2021
- Flying Geese quilt: print pop fabrics that take you around the colour wheel!
- FPP cushion duo: Showcase your biggest and boldest prints with this cute tutorial.
- New ways with Fussy: Explore some fun new ways to fussy cut your fabrics to give extra dimension to your EPP.
- Fresh quilt design: Give a colourful fabric collection the spotlight in this fresh quilt design
- Botanical dream: Channel the botanical trend with crisp, graphic blocks in dreamy shades of green.
- Paper hexie gift: Whether you’re on-the-go or on the sofa, these little paper hexies are just the thing to pick up and piece together.
Issue 95: On sale February 2021
- Pineapple Power: Turn traditional blocks into an eye-catching quilt design with graphic colour placement
- Rainbow Spark: Mix multicoloured fabrics with simple HSTs in this cushion that'll brighten up any room
- Four Leaf Clover: Go retro with easy-piece curves and a sun-soaked colour palette
- Animal Magic: Mix Foundation Paper Piecing with appliqué techniques to create a set of five fun blocks!
- Bright skies: Strip piecing techniques and simple colour combos make for a speedy and simple quilt!
Issue 94: On sale January 2021
- Seeing Stars: Supersized triangles meet saturated solids in this eye-catching quilt
- Bristles and Blooms: Mix floral fabrics with clever construction techniques to make a cute plushie hedgehog
- Diamond Days: Foundation Paper Piece a quilt that’s a real gem, using bright solids for a graphic effect!
- Technique Focus: Get to know the quilt-as-you-go technique with this sweet and scrappy mini quilt
- Sunshine Brights:Fall in love with easy HSTs and put your technicolour stash to good use…
- Rainbow Ripple: Use your new Kaleidoscope Template Set to piece up this cute and curvy design!
Issue 93: On sale December 2020
- Sherbet Blast: Crisp blocks in bright colour combos are the perfect way to bring a bright patchwork pop to your home!
- Up your skills: Create complex geometric designs with simple strips of fabric. Kate Webber demonstrates how to master the Seminole piecing technique
- Galaxy Twist: After a speedy sew that won’t take light years to make? Quick-stitch stars and supersized blocks are just the trick!
- Project Pouch: Mix coloured zips, pretty trims and clear vinyl with your most prized prints to make cute project wallets
- Sea Breeze: Take inspiration from the coastline to mix dreamy ocean blues with traditional Irish Chain aesthetics
- Hand quilting booklet: Time to slow things down a little! Hand quilting pro Anna Brown offers her knowledge in our exclusive booklet
Issue 92: On sale November 2020
- Reach for your stash of playful prints to whip up Lou Orth’s speedy starburst quilt to brighten up winter mornings
- Make a cute Christmas tree cushion to bring some fun into your home décor!
- Put your curvy piecing skills to good use for a bright and breezy lap quilt to keep you cosy all year round!
- Stitch up the sweetest cat softie for a little one, complete with scrap-tastic stripy patchwork scarf!
- Have yourself a merry little Christmas morning with a trio of playful patchwork stockings to store your special gifts
Issue 91 on sale October 2020
Gracey Larson’s row-by-row festive extravaganza is just the thing to make you excited for the holidays. Amy Ball’s Pixel Penguin quilt is full of beginner-friendly fun, while our collection of six quick gift ideas are the ultimate last-minute wins! Our new technique expert Kate Webber shows how to add simple cording to your quilting skills, while Jess Entwistle uses her stash to make a scrap-happy tree skirt. And you can’t miss out on Lynne Goldsworthy’s sweet retro reindeer design! If this doesn’t get you humming Christmas tunes whilst you sew, we don’t know what will…
Plus, the issue comes with a handy circle cutting tool so you can snip quarter, half and whole circles for appliqué or Drunkard's Path piecing!
Issue 90, on sale September 2020
Issue 90 presented an in-depth Tula Pink booklet, brimming with engaging interviews, sneak peeks of her new Linework collection and exclusive patterns, including one from Tula herself!
Embrace your quilt crushes with issue 90 of Love Patchwork & Quilting! Nicola Dodd’s charming cover quilt is sure to ignite your love of piecing – sew stars and hearts with no templates! Yuliya Reshetnikova’s cute Granny Square-style cushions are quick and easy to make, while Lucy Ward’s sweet apple softie will brighten up any room. For a row-by-row challenge, why not try Kelli Marshall’s bright and modern Boho Rows design? And Lynne Goldsworthy’s Rainy Day Crossing pattern is the perfect way to show off your favourite collection.
Issue 89, on sale August 2020
We’re bringing you quick and easy projects to sew at home, using solid fabrics to make the piecing shine. Start off with something summery, with Nicola Dodd’s fun beach hut cover quilt, or dive straight in to Gracey Larson’s super-cute sewing-themed blocks. Joanna Marsh’s Retro Groove quilt is just the thing to ignite a love of curved piecing, while Paula Steel’s structured wall hanging is a real work of art. Learn pro bagmaking skills and pop your WIP projects into Debbie von Grabler-Crozier’s stylish project tote bag. Plus, check out our handy Dresden template too!
Issue 88, on sale July 2020
We've set you up with 30 starry pins with issue 88 so that you can sew all your patchwork projects in style
Sew Half-square Triangles in sunny shades with Allison Jensen’s charming cover quilt, and stitch up a matching cushion with your sweetest scraps. Jo Hart has made a collection of fun fruity quilt blocks to help you learn Foundation Paper Piecing, while Jess Entwistle’s patchwork shopper is a cute and easy project.
Your gift this issue: Get set for quilting success with our cool coral marking tool and tip-filled bonus booklet.
Issue 87 of Love Patchwork & Quilting is here to help you stay home and sew. It’s filled with easy projects to kick-start your quilting mojo – start with Bobbie Gentili’s rainbow cover quilt or Lou Orth’s colour pop Bear Paw blocks. Jane Foster’s felt face cushions are sure to put a smile on your face, while Lucy Ward’s plushie puppies are the ultimate fun make! We’ve even got some great ideas to use up your pre-cut Layer Cakes and Jelly Rolls.
Your gift this issue: Enjoy making quick and easy blocks with a neat hexagon Log Cabin template set!
Make it modern with issue 86 of Love Patchwork & Quilting. We’re giving classic blocks a contemporary makeover, starting with Nicole Calver’s striking cover quilt. Boost your skills with Karen Lewis’ beginner-friendly Lone Star design or make a quick-sew quilt top with bold ombre shades. And trust us when we say Andy Knowlton’s star-themed sampler quilt is out of this world…
Our columnist Kate Basti chats three ways to organise fabric scraps, whilst we get to know blogger, designer and author Rachel Hauser a little more. Plus! Join in with our new applique block of the month series – think soothing shades and Scandi florals… swoon!
Your gift this issue: Boost your skills and show off your prints with Lynne Goldsworthy’s new medallion design.
Bold piecing and bright colours… feast your eyes on issue 85 of Love Patchwork & Quilting. Sew classic Half-square Triangles with Amy Smart’s cute cover cushion – there’s a scrappy quilt to go with it, too! Stitch the rainbow with Kate Webber’s happy hexagon pouch or try fabric weaving with our complete step-by-step guide. Lynne Goldsworthy’s Chasing Rainbows quilt is a great way to have fun with appliqué, and our full Block of the Month reveal is sure to get you reaching for your stash!
- Give the Orange Peel block an appliqué update with solid shades and a modern floral design
- Join us in celebrating our favourite meal of the day with a colourful Foundation Paper Pieced quilt...
- Add a pop of colour to your sofa with a pair of simple appliqué cushions
- Nail the trend for all things tropical with easy-stitch appliqué leaves scattered over simple strips of print
- Raid your fabric stash and mix and match prints with your triangle template to add some playful patchwork to your home décor
Nicole Calver’s impressive cover quilt plays with print pop piecing to make a striking medallion design. For those scrap happy quilters amongst us, Julianna Gasiorowska’s Alphabet Soup pattern is sure to please, while Debbie von Grabler-Crozier’s bear and bunny baskets are the perfect storage for your offcuts. If solids are more your thing, why not try Jemima Flendt’s graphic Love Triangle design? And if you’re in the mood for some soothing hand stitching, look no further than Joanna Marsh’s geometric EPP cushion. Order your copy today and have a sneak peek at the projects below.
Plus! Feast your eyes on our set of fruity templates, perfect for hand, machine or iron-on appliqué.
Your gift this issue: Prepping fabrics is a breeze with our stylish self-healing cutting mat.
Joanna Marsh’s FPP cover quilt makes easy work of spinning star blocks, and celebrates your most treasured prints. Piece easy-sew rockets with Caroline Hadley’s fun and unique quilt, or master a dimensional diamond design thanks to Lou Orth. Curves are made simple in Art Gallery Fabrics’ Sweet Spot pattern, and Lysa Flower teaches us all a new technique with her bold chenille banner. Plus, Debbie von Grabler Crozier’s three-piece travel set is a must!
Your gift this issue: Piece eye-catching angles with our tumbler templates – we even have a mini quilt pattern to match!
Opt for bursts of colour in Stephanie Luiere’s Urban Medallion quilt or play with four fiery shades in Kelli Marshall’s Wildifre design. Striking striped blocks meet clever pieced curves in Nicole Calver’s Arctic Circle pattern, while Allison Richter’s unique Bird Song quilt is the ultimate skill-builder. Need a quick quilty fix? Try Lucy Brennan’s scrap-tastic table set or Kate Webber’s bespoke bunting.
Your gift this issue: Perfectly trimmed blocks are just a tool away! Use our handy 6½in square ruler to cut Half- and Quarter-square Triangles.
You’ll be spoilt for choice, with 18 festive designs to make and give. Kick things off with Susan Standen’s Fire & Ice cover quilt, or opt for even more angles with Caroline Hadley’s Northern Lights FPP block. Daisy Aschehoug’s Peppermint Swirl quilt is a cute into to curves, while Jess Entwistle’s quilt and cushion combo is the ultimate piecing party. Count down to the big day with Susi Bellingham’s advent calendar, or piece rainbow trees to make Lysa Flower’s retro present sack – the prettiest package to wake up to on Christmas morning!
Keen crafter and editing aficionado Sophia loves to keep tabs on the latest trends in modern quilting and work with leading quilt designers worldwide to produce top quality content for Love Patchwork & Quilting magazine. Sophia feels at home in the crafting community, having successfully run an indie biz on Instagram (@sewphiacano) selling hand-embroidered hoops, t-shirts and tote bags alongside studying for her degree from UCL in History of Art & Philosophy and running her university magazine as editor-in-chief. When she’s not busy editing, she’s probably embroidering at home, snuggled up in a jumper knitted by her abuela, or a blanket crocheted by her mum (evidence of her lineage from a long line of amazing crafty women).