Sew your stash with issue 101 of Love Patchwork & Quilting! Mix and match your favourite prints with Monika Henry’s Line Dance cover quilt – it’s got a cute coordinating tote, too. Paula Steel’s scrap happy HST quilt and cushion are perfect for using up small pieces of fabric, while Susi Bellingham’s teeny tiny Foundation Paper Pieced hexies are the ultimate mini makes! For something a little larger, why not try your hand at Gracey Larson’s adorable Fruit Smoothie quilt? It has six sweet blocks to master! Plus, we learn a little about the inspiring quilters of Gee’s Bend in this issue’s Making History feature.
Plus! Add perfect corners to your blocks with our easy-use Corner Tool.
Don’t miss your reader extras!
Head to our Love Patchwork & Quilting magazine homepage to find handy reader resources, from free quilt patterns to recent pattern corrections and our issue templates.
Look inside issue 101!
Take a peek at the projects that will be bringing fun and funkiness into your home – find out how to make all this and more in our new issue…
Add corners to your quilt blocks with our handy patchwork 45-degree cutting tool
Go Half-square Triangle crazy with Paula Steel’s lovely quilt and matching pillow.
Try Sarah Griffith’s modern take on the traditional sawtooth star block.
Strip piecing meets easy-stitch triangles in Debbie Von Grabler-Crozier’s stylish set of windmill cushions.
Susi Bellingham puts a fun twist on English and Foundation Paper Piecing with these hexies.
Combine crisp graphic blocks in bright colour combos with Monkia Henry’s summer quilt and matching tote.
Feeling fruity? Quilt Gracey Larson’s quilt and cushion duo.
Art Gallery Fabrics created this gorgeous crisp diamond quilt for us in issue 101.
This month Kate Webber teaches you all about fabric weaving!
The third block in Jo Hart’s Home Sweet Home quilt is this cute cottage block.
Missed an issue?
Catch up with our handy guide to our most recent magazines or stock up your stash in our online store.
Issue 100: On sale June 2021
- Gift: Five stencils come with issue 100!
- Scrap happy: Make Wendy Chow’s s picnic quilt and matching tote
- Ocean inspired: Stitch Nicola Dodd’s breezy quilt with little turtles
- Groove on: Lysa Flower’s curvy chenille quilt blocks
- Ohio star blocks: Lynne Goldsworthy’s stunning quilt
- Switch it up: Karen Lewis’s Courthouse Steps quilt
- Puff quilting: Read Kate Webber’s guide for beginners
- Lazy Daisy: Louisa Goult’s quilt is the perfect slow summer evening project
- BOM: Jo Hart’s kitty cat block
Issue 99: On sale April 2021
- Handy colour wheel tool gift
- Summer-lovin’ mix ‘n’ match quilt
- PJ case and sloth buddy by Lucy Ward
- Super-sized HST’s and Flying Geese block quilt
- Half-square Triangles and speedy stripes quilt
- Jo Hart’s Block of the Month
- Sawtooth stars quilt
- Kate Webber’s Porthole mini quilt
- Kona colour of the year inspired Bargello quilt
- Debbie Von Grabler-Crozier’s beginner-friendly tote
- Hand-tied knots and pops of colour into this gorgeous quilt
Issue 98: On sale March 2021
- Free gift: A handy Diamond Template
- Striking chevron quilt: Make Justine Wilson’s Half-square Triangles and Flying Geese quilt
- Scrappy diamond quilt: Use your new tool to make Sarah Griffiths mini quilt
- Take It Easy: Debbie Von Grabler-Crozier’s chilled out mini quilt is the ideal weekend project
- The art of Boro: Recycle your favourite scraps into Susan Briscoe’s traditional komebukuro
- Master the art of appliqué: Make Yasmeen K Branton’s hand-stitched cushion inspired by Kilim textiles
- Make a statement: Wendy Chow’s Drunkard’s Path blocks quilt
- Trapunto Quilting: Learn all about it with Kate Webber’s tutorial
- Go modern: Cait Lisle’s Quarter Log Cabin block has a bold, graphic edge
- Colourful quilts: Sew Sarah Campbell’s fun, eye-catching quilt
Issue 97: On sale April 2021
- Free gift: Get your hands on the mag and get five fussy cut templates.
- Double trouble: Jo Hart’s FPP stylish cushions
- Neon brights: Amy Ball’s contemporary quilt
- Perfection in plaid: Debbie Von Grabler-Crozier’s spring quilt
- Cutie alert: Lucy Ward’s seaside softie tutorial
- Starry goodness: Sherry Shish’s Half-square Triangle quilt
- Bright quilt: Lynne Goldsworthy’s pretty FPP quilt
- Romantic blocks: Kate Webber’s guide to beginner improv piecing
- Retro funkiness: Lysa Flower’s boom box bags
Issue 96: On sale March 2021
- Flying Geese quilt: print pop fabrics that take you around the colour wheel!
- FPP cushion duo: Showcase your biggest and boldest prints with this cute tutorial.
- New ways with Fussy: Explore some fun new ways to fussy cut your fabrics to give extra dimension to your EPP.
- Fresh quilt design: Give a colourful fabric collection the spotlight in this fresh quilt design
- Botanical dream: Channel the botanical trend with crisp, graphic blocks in dreamy shades of green.
- Paper hexie gift: Whether you’re on-the-go or on the sofa, these little paper hexies are just the thing to pick up and piece together.
Issue 95: On sale February 2021
- Pineapple Power: Turn traditional blocks into an eye-catching quilt design with graphic colour placement
- Rainbow Spark: Mix multicoloured fabrics with simple HSTs in this cushion that’ll brighten up any room
- Four Leaf Clover: Go retro with easy-piece curves and a sun-soaked colour palette
- Animal Magic: Mix Foundation Paper Piecing with appliqué techniques to create a set of five fun blocks!
- Bright skies: Strip piecing techniques and simple colour combos make for a speedy and simple quilt!
Issue 94: On sale January 2021
- Seeing Stars: Supersized triangles meet saturated solids in this eye-catching quilt
- Bristles and Blooms: Mix floral fabrics with clever construction techniques to make a cute plushie hedgehog
- Diamond Days: Foundation Paper Piece a quilt that’s a real gem, using bright solids for a graphic effect!
- Technique Focus: Get to know the quilt-as-you-go technique with this sweet and scrappy mini quilt
- Sunshine Brights:Fall in love with easy HSTs and put your technicolour stash to good use…
- Rainbow Ripple: Use your new Kaleidoscope Template Set to piece up this cute and curvy design!
Issue 93: On sale December 2020
- Sherbet Blast: Crisp blocks in bright colour combos are the perfect way to bring a bright patchwork pop to your home!
- Up your skills: Create complex geometric designs with simple strips of fabric. Kate Webber demonstrates how to master the Seminole piecing technique
- Galaxy Twist: After a speedy sew that won’t take light years to make? Quick-stitch stars and supersized blocks are just the trick!
- Project Pouch: Mix coloured zips, pretty trims and clear vinyl with your most prized prints to make cute project wallets
- Sea Breeze: Take inspiration from the coastline to mix dreamy ocean blues with traditional Irish Chain aesthetics
- Hand quilting booklet: Time to slow things down a little! Hand quilting pro Anna Brown offers her knowledge in our exclusive booklet
Issue 92: On sale November 2020
- Reach for your stash of playful prints to whip up Lou Orth’s speedy starburst quilt to brighten up winter mornings
- Make a cute Christmas tree cushion to bring some fun into your home décor!
- Put your curvy piecing skills to good use for a bright and breezy lap quilt to keep you cosy all year round!
- Stitch up the sweetest cat softie for a little one, complete with scrap-tastic stripy patchwork scarf!
- Have yourself a merry little Christmas morning with a trio of playful patchwork stockings to store your special gifts
Issue 91 on sale October 2020
Gracey Larson’s row-by-row festive extravaganza is just the thing to make you excited for the holidays. Amy Ball’s Pixel Penguin quilt is full of beginner-friendly fun, while our collection of six quick gift ideas are the ultimate last-minute wins! Our new technique expert Kate Webber shows how to add simple cording to your quilting skills, while Jess Entwistle uses her stash to make a scrap-happy tree skirt. And you can’t miss out on Lynne Goldsworthy’s sweet retro reindeer design! If this doesn’t get you humming Christmas tunes whilst you sew, we don’t know what will…
Plus, the issue comes with a handy circle cutting tool so you can snip quarter, half and whole circles for appliqué or Drunkard’s Path piecing!
Issue 90, on sale September 2020
Issue 90 presented an in-depth Tula Pink booklet, brimming with engaging interviews, sneak peeks of her new Linework collection and exclusive patterns, including one from Tula herself!
Embrace your quilt crushes with issue 90 of Love Patchwork & Quilting! Nicola Dodd’s charming cover quilt is sure to ignite your love of piecing – sew stars and hearts with no templates! Yuliya Reshetnikova’s cute Granny Square-style cushions are quick and easy to make, while Lucy Ward’s sweet apple softie will brighten up any room. For a row-by-row challenge, why not try Kelli Marshall’s bright and modern Boho Rows design? And Lynne Goldsworthy’s Rainy Day Crossing pattern is the perfect way to show off your favourite collection.
Issue 89, on sale August 2020
We’re bringing you quick and easy projects to sew at home, using solid fabrics to make the piecing shine. Start off with something summery, with Nicola Dodd’s fun beach hut cover quilt, or dive straight in to Gracey Larson’s super-cute sewing-themed blocks. Joanna Marsh’s Retro Groove quilt is just the thing to ignite a love of curved piecing, while Paula Steel’s structured wall hanging is a real work of art. Learn pro bagmaking skills and pop your WIP projects into Debbie von Grabler-Crozier’s stylish project tote bag. Plus, check out our handy Dresden template too!
Issue 88, on sale July 2020
We’ve set you up with 30 starry pins with issue 88 so that you can sew all your patchwork projects in style
Sew Half-square Triangles in sunny shades with Allison Jensen’s charming cover quilt, and stitch up a matching cushion with your sweetest scraps. Jo Hart has made a collection of fun fruity quilt blocks to help you learn Foundation Paper Piecing, while Jess Entwistle’s patchwork shopper is a cute and easy project.
Your gift this issue: Get set for quilting success with our cool coral marking tool and tip-filled bonus booklet.
Issue 87 of Love Patchwork & Quilting is here to help you stay home and sew. It’s filled with easy projects to kick-start your quilting mojo – start with Bobbie Gentili’s rainbow cover quilt or Lou Orth’s colour pop Bear Paw blocks. Jane Foster’s felt face cushions are sure to put a smile on your face, while Lucy Ward’s plushie puppies are the ultimate fun make! We’ve even got some great ideas to use up your pre-cut Layer Cakes and Jelly Rolls.
Your gift this issue: Enjoy making quick and easy blocks with a neat hexagon Log Cabin template set!
Make it modern with issue 86 of Love Patchwork & Quilting. We’re giving classic blocks a contemporary makeover, starting with Nicole Calver’s striking cover quilt. Boost your skills with Karen Lewis’ beginner-friendly Lone Star design or make a quick-sew quilt top with bold ombre shades. And trust us when we say Andy Knowlton’s star-themed sampler quilt is out of this world…
Our columnist Kate Basti chats three ways to organise fabric scraps, whilst we get to know blogger, designer and author Rachel Hauser a little more. Plus! Join in with our new applique block of the month series – think soothing shades and Scandi florals… swoon!
Your gift this issue: Boost your skills and show off your prints with Lynne Goldsworthy’s new medallion design.
Bold piecing and bright colours… feast your eyes on issue 85 of Love Patchwork & Quilting. Sew classic Half-square Triangles with Amy Smart’s cute cover cushion – there’s a scrappy quilt to go with it, too! Stitch the rainbow with Kate Webber’s happy hexagon pouch or try fabric weaving with our complete step-by-step guide. Lynne Goldsworthy’s Chasing Rainbows quilt is a great way to have fun with appliqué, and our full Block of the Month reveal is sure to get you reaching for your stash!
- Give the Orange Peel block an appliqué update with solid shades and a modern floral design
- Join us in celebrating our favourite meal of the day with a colourful Foundation Paper Pieced quilt…
- Add a pop of colour to your sofa with a pair of simple appliqué cushions
- Nail the trend for all things tropical with easy-stitch appliqué leaves scattered over simple strips of print
- Raid your fabric stash and mix and match prints with your triangle template to add some playful patchwork to your home décor
Nicole Calver’s impressive cover quilt plays with print pop piecing to make a striking medallion design. For those scrap happy quilters amongst us, Julianna Gasiorowska’s Alphabet Soup pattern is sure to please, while Debbie von Grabler-Crozier’s bear and bunny baskets are the perfect storage for your offcuts. If solids are more your thing, why not try Jemima Flendt’s graphic Love Triangle design? And if you’re in the mood for some soothing hand stitching, look no further than Joanna Marsh’s geometric EPP cushion. Order your copy today and have a sneak peek at the projects below.
Plus! Feast your eyes on our set of fruity templates, perfect for hand, machine or iron-on appliqué.
Your gift this issue: Prepping fabrics is a breeze with our stylish self-healing cutting mat.
Joanna Marsh’s FPP cover quilt makes easy work of spinning star blocks, and celebrates your most treasured prints. Piece easy-sew rockets with Caroline Hadley’s fun and unique quilt, or master a dimensional diamond design thanks to Lou Orth. Curves are made simple in Art Gallery Fabrics’ Sweet Spot pattern, and Lysa Flower teaches us all a new technique with her bold chenille banner. Plus, Debbie von Grabler Crozier’s three-piece travel set is a must!
Your gift this issue: Piece eye-catching angles with our tumbler templates – we even have a mini quilt pattern to match!
Opt for bursts of colour in Stephanie Luiere’s Urban Medallion quilt or play with four fiery shades in Kelli Marshall’s Wildifre design. Striking striped blocks meet clever pieced curves in Nicole Calver’s Arctic Circle pattern, while Allison Richter’s unique Bird Song quilt is the ultimate skill-builder. Need a quick quilty fix? Try Lucy Brennan’s scrap-tastic table set or Kate Webber’s bespoke bunting.
Your gift this issue: Perfectly trimmed blocks are just a tool away! Use our handy 6½in square ruler to cut Half- and Quarter-square Triangles.
You’ll be spoilt for choice, with 18 festive designs to make and give. Kick things off with Susan Standen’s Fire & Ice cover quilt, or opt for even more angles with Caroline Hadley’s Northern Lights FPP block. Daisy Aschehoug’s Peppermint Swirl quilt is a cute into to curves, while Jess Entwistle’s quilt and cushion combo is the ultimate piecing party. Count down to the big day with Susi Bellingham’s advent calendar, or piece rainbow trees to make Lysa Flower’s retro present sack – the prettiest package to wake up to on Christmas morning!