Say hello to your new favourite summer sewing pattern! Relaxing by the beach, exploring a new city, picnics with the kids…whatever your summer brings, you’ll need a Rosa Dress to do it in! This issue’s cover-star frock is vintage-inspired, oh-so-swishable and a breeze to wear, with a button fastening, lining, strap tabs (to create that pretty sweetheart neckline) and a gathered skirt – plus an optional hemline ruffle for added flounce!
Share your finished Rosa dress with us using the hashtags #simplysewingmag and #rosadress.
The Rosa Dress: digital sewing pattern
UK sizes 6-20 (US 4-18, EUR 34-38).
You will need:
- Fabric: Dress A*: Main fabric: 2.3mx140cm (23⁄4ydsx55in), Lining fabric: 0.9mx140cm (1ydx55in)
- Fabric: Dress B: Main fabric: 2.1mx115cm (21⁄2ydsx45in) or 1.8mx140cm (2ydsx55in), Lining fabric: 1mx115cm (11⁄8ydsx45in) or 0.9mx140cm (1ydx55in)
- Buttons: 3 x 25mm (1in)
- Clear elastic: 1.5m x 9mm wide
- Matching thread
- Basic sewing kit
*Dress A can only be made with 140cm (55in) wide fabric.
Lightweight fabrics such as cotton, cotton lawn, crepe or rayon.
- Sew princess seams
- Make a sweetheart neckline
- Add a ruffle detail to the hem
- Sew buttons and buttonholes