New baby card ideas
Welcome the new arrival with these free new baby patterned papers, plus six easy new baby card ideas to make with them!
These new baby patterned papers are filled with adorable elephant patterns, night sky details, and lots of bunting and are perfect for welcoming the newborn into the world!
The collection, designed by talented Illustrator Emma Jones, comes in a super-sweet colour scheme of yellow, pink, blue and purple. We love the little elephants and the text-patterned papers! The collection also comes with a sheet of complementary sentiment toppers and shopping images to trim and add to your designs. Download your free new baby paper collection to get started!
Want more free patterned paper? Take a look at our ever-growing collection of free patterned papers, there are lots to choose from and there are lots of different themes. We love these vintage stationery papers! For more general card making, let us show you how to make cards. We love seeing what you make with our free printable papers, so don’t forget to share your cards and papercraft projects with us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter, too!
Sweet dreams card
- Trim some of the bunting paper to 138mm square and layer onto some pink card.
- Trim a piece of elephant paper to 52 x 125mm and cut it into a banner shape. Layer onto a piece of slightly larger pink card and cut into a banner shape.
- Layer a 138 x 50mm strip of chevron paper onto some pink card and add it to the base. Add pink thread several times around the chevron paper and top with the banner, as shown. Add to a 148mm square white base card.
- Fussy cut the ‘sweet dreams’ topper and layer it onto a circle of pink glitter paper.
- Add glitter stars to finish.
Welcome to the world card
- Trim some blue elephant paper to 133 x 120mm and cut into three 40mm high panels. Die-cut a scalloped edge along the bottom edge of a 135 x 132mm piece of blue card. Layer onto some white card with a matching scalloped edge. Attach the three 40mm high pieces of elephant paper, as shown. Add the panel to 148mm square blue base card.
- Fussy cut the tag and layer onto mint green card, then trim the mint green card leaving a small border. Thread pom-pom trim through the top hole and secure with blue ribbon.
- Add the tag to base and finish with a few clear sequins.
New arrival card
- Trim yellow baby paper to 140mm square and layer onto white card. Wrap with mint green and white ribbon then add the panel to a green 148mm square base card.
- Trim chevron paper to 80mm square, layer onto a piece of white card then green card, slightly larger each time. Add to the base as shown.
- Die-cut the ‘You are so loved’ sentiment using a scalloped square then add to a slightly larger piece of green card. Trim the ‘New arrival’ sentiment and layer it onto some green card. Add to the edges of the centre panel, as shown. Tie a mint green bow around the ribbon and glue it in place. Add green glitter stars and a punched moon.
A little bundle card
- Trim blue elephant paper to 138mm square and layer onto blue card. Add to a 148mm white square base card.
- Trim a strip of the bunting paper to 138x20mm and layer onto a piece of blue card. Add pom-pom trim across the back using narrow sticky tape. Add to the base using foam pads.
- Die-cut the sentiment from the paper using a scalloped oval die and layer onto a larger scalloped oval, die-cut from blue card. Add a sprinkling of blue glitter enamel dots to finish.
- Trim bunting paper to 138mm square. Trim a panel of yellow ‘hello baby’ paper to 105 x 40mm. Layer both onto pink card.
- Die-cut the sentiment and a pink elephant using circle dies, ensuring the elephant is towards the top right-hand edge of the circle. Layer both onto circles die-cut from pink card.
- Layer the circles and small yellow panel to the big panel as shown. Wrap with pink ribbon and tie a bow.
- Add the panel to a 148mm square pink base card and finish with sequins and rhinestones.
It's a boy!
- Trim some of the chevron paper to 138mm square and blue bunting paper to 92 x 64mm. Layer each onto some blue card. Fussy cut the blue elephant topper and add to an oval die-cut from white card. Ink the edges of the oval with blue ink.
- Wrap ribbon around the centre of some chevron paper panel. Add to a 148mm square blue base card.
- Attach the bunting paper panel to the base using sticky fixers and add the oval die-cut panel. Finish with sequins and rhinestones.
Download your free new baby papers:
To download your free new baby paper collection, click on the link and it will open in a new window. You can then save/download the collection. There is one PDF to download, which contains seven sheets of patterned papers and one topper sheet. Scroll the gallery to see what freebies you'll be getting!
Showing item 1 of 8
Download your new baby patterned papers PDF
We hope you’ve enjoyed these new baby card ideas! We have plenty of other inspiration for new baby crafts here on Gathered, too – like this adorable knitted baby romper, or these gorgeous knitted baby booties.
Emma Jones is a designer, illustrator and the Deputy Art Editor of Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine. Emma studied Graphic Design at Manchester Metropolitan University, and regularly designs stamps and patterned papers for Cardmaking & Papercraft. Her charming illustrations are filled with thoughtful touches, and you can discover more of her designs on her Instagram @emmalouise.jones and her website, www.behance.net/emmalouisejones5
BETTER THAN HALF PRICE SUBSCRIPTIONS! Save up to £65 on magazine shop price!
Comments, questions and tips