If you haven’t tried it yet, crafting with resin will become your new favourite craft! It’s possibly the most fun we’ve had with any craft medium and we fell hard for it during lockdown last year. Not only is it hugely soothing to mix and pour resin, you’ll soon discover there are endless effects and projects you can make with it – from botanical coasters and glitter-flecked jewellery or terrazzo trinket trays.
Demand for resin crafts has exploded in recent years, boosted by a flood of incredible TikTok videos which showcase just how miraculous it is to pour clear or coloured resin into a mould, and then peel it away once the resin has set for a big reveal. Google searches doubled during lockdown last year, as more and more of us have been captivated by the different effects that can be achieved with resin. Our epoxy resin ideas round-up is one of our most popular articles here on Gathered.
Boosted by this surge in demand, resin pros Just4youonlineuk have released an exciting range of resin kits and products to stock up on your resin kit. They’ve built up an Aladdin’s cave of an online store, crammed with everything you might need for resin art from moulds to starter kits.
To expand their range even further, they recently released an eco friendly version of resin – Premium Eco Pour – which offers the chance to craft more consciously with resin. The environmentally friendly range is water-based and non-toxic, with no harsh chemicals involved in the making, and it comes in cardboard and recyclable packaging. The company are carbon neutral and offset the carbon footprint of any orders that they ship.
Eco Pour is heat resistant up to 125 degrees and dries in 20 minutes. Produced ethically, the range is vegan and cruelty free. Demand was so high after its launch that the company completely sold out. Luckily it’s back in stock, ready for us to add it to our Christmas wish lists. Check out the range at just4youonlineuk.com.
In this article we share some top ideas for how to use resin and share our favourite resin kits to get you started!
5 best resin kits to stock up your stash
With so many different resin supplies out there, it’s easy to not know where to begin with resin. Luckily Just4youonlineuk have some brilliant kits to get you started.
1. Premium Eco Pour Assorted Mould Kit
Create your very own soap dish, tea light holder or small storage vase with this ultra-fun Premium Eco Pour Starter Kit.
- Buy it now (£49.99)
2. Resin Buddy Kit – Measuring and mixing kit
- Buy it now (£19.99)
As many a resin-crafter finds, having a good stash of resin mixing essentials in your kit is essential when you’re crafting. They may not be the most dazzling element of resin craft, but as resin can veer on the messy side, these essentials will really make your life easier… This set contains a Large Silicone Measuring Jug 750ml, a Large Silicone Stirring Stick, 4 100ml Silicone Measuring Cups and 5 Mixing Sticks.
3. Premium Eco Pour 1.75 KG Ki
If you’ve already got a few resin craft supplies but you love the sound of environmentally friendly, water based alternative to traditional resin products on the market, try out Eco Pour with this starter kit which includes the 2 main elements – a mineral powder and water based acrylic binder.
- Buy it now (£28.99)
4. Essential resin dye set
- Buy it now (£25.99)
Adding colour to your resin will bring a whole new dimension to the things you can craft with it. This set of 10 resin dye bottles offers a rainbow of possibility to get you started. They contain highly pigmented liquid dyes and you only need a few drops to create a vibrant colour effect.
5. Clock set for resin art
This handy bundle is a great way to try one of the most fun resin art projects out there – making your own resin clock! It comes with a clock board (choose between 40 or 50cm diameter), a gold clock mechanism and walnut clock divisions – you just add the resin!
- Buy it now (£42.99)
If this article has given you the resin bug, get more inspiration with our guide to the best resin moulds.
7 fun resin art ideas to try
- Use Pebeo markers to create a stained glass effect in the bottom of your mould to create see through resin trays.
- Paint a wooden chopping board and then cover with resin for beautiful homewares
- Pour different rings of different-coloured resin into a mould with glitter in the centre to create beautiful colour effects
- Sprinkle splashes of coloured resin into a mould, then pour with a different colour or clear on top to create marbled effects.
- Add flecks of resin from past projects to the bottom of your mould to create a terrazzo effect soap or trinket dish
- Add flowers, petals or feathers to our mould and then cover in resin to create tealight holders, 3D letter or coasters with a natural feel.
- Create a ripple resin effect by adding ink and glitter to your resin to a crinkled piece of fabric, topped with a protective surface to stop the resin sticking, and then pouring the resin over the top to create an ingenious textured effect.
For tutorials of these amazing resin art ideas and more, follow Just4youonlineuk on TikTok and Instagram @just4youonlineuk or check out their YouTube channell.