This clever card is interactive! Use the template and our tutorial to make a card that folds out to reveal a secret hidden message! Follow our step by step to make the Valentines design we show here, or watch our tutorial video to see how the card fold is made, and decorate as you wish for any occasion
You will need
To make the card base
- Your free template
- Card in 2 contrasting colours
- Craft knife, ruler and cutting mat
To decorate the card as we have done
- Stamps to Inspire – Queen of Hearts Collage and Queen for the Day Collage, from Polkadoodles
- Archival Ink – Watering Can, from Paper Artsy
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Chitchat Stickers – Big Chat, from Buddly Crafts
- Gel pens in black and white
- Iridescent glitter glue
- Distress Inks – Stormy Sky, Ripe Persimmon, Spun Sugar, Festive Berries, Worn Lipstick, Dried Marigold, Scattered Straw, Squeezed Lemonade, Pumice Stone
Cut a 15x20cm piece of white card. Using the template, score and cut the card as directed.
Cut two 15×4.7cm pieces of black card. Weave in between the cuts either side of the centre score line, leaving a white panel at the top of one side and a black panel visible on the other.
Stamp the large collage across the left edge of a 14x9cm piece of mixed media card using Archival Ink. Mist Distress Inks on a blending mat and dip the design to create a watercolour background, then colour the image.
Layer onto black card, cut in half, then attach either side of the front gatefold. Attach a sentiment sticker and three stamped winged hearts.
Stamp flowers and hearts from the small collage onto two 14x4cm pieces of card. Repeat step 4 and attach to the inner gatefolds.
Cut ten 2.5×4.5cm panels of black and white card. Smoosh the white panels and attach to alternate woven panels; to access the hidden panels, push centre fold upwards and pull spine apart.
Stamp and colour 15 hearts. Attach to each of the visible black and white panels and each of the hidden white panels. Add sentiments to the hidden black panels. Add dotted borders and highlight flowers with glitter glue
This clever transforming card is easily adapted for any other occasions and message!