Issue 88 is on sale today! This month it’s all about adding a bit of festive winter glam to your wardrobe with our two cover patterns, the Florence Dress and the Iris Top.
We’ve worked with Sew Over It to bring you the gorgeous Florence Dress this issue. It’s an elegant, flowy button-up dress that you’ll feel amazing in! Make it in a maxi or midi length in a super-soft viscose for a go-to outfit for party season. These stunning fabrics are both from Eglantine & Zoé.
The Iris Top from Emporia Patterns is a year-round staple for when you want a basic top with some extra special detail. Sew a short flutter sleeve or add some statement ruffles to three-quarter length sleeves with this pattern. We used fabrics from Selfmade for ours.
Another treat to come with this issue is the adorable Christmas Mouse from Lucy Woodrow of Blossom & Friday. This cute toy would make a lovely addition to a special someone’s stocking this Christmas!
You’ll also find a fab selection of fat quarter Christmas gift ideas from Debbie Wainhouse inside. If you’re short on time – or fabric – these are the perfect way to still gift something handmade they’ll love without having to break the bank.
Other projects in this issue include:
- A circle skirt from Sewing Bee’s Juliet Uzor
- A patternless jacket
- A ruffle clutch bag
- A fluffy penguin toy
Subscribe by 10th November to get our next issue which comes with two exciting patterns! If you sign up now you’ll also get to choose a bonus fat quarter bundle from Riley Blake and you’ll also receive a Fiskars rotary cutter! Click here to subscribe today.
- If you can’t get to the shops right now, you can buy your copy online here: www.buysubscriptions.com/back-issues/simply-sewing-back-issues.
Catch up with our latest issues
Missed our recent magazines or looking to find a project you’ve seen online? We’ve put together this library of our most recent magazines so you can find the one you need! You can browse our recent back issues in our online store or if the print copy you want has sold out, download our app to get a digital issue.
- Imogen dress
- Anderson blouse
- Christmas gift guide
- Christmas table decorations
- A boxed-base tote
- A classic Breton top
- A chat with sewing royalty Mimi G and Brittany Jones
- A festive goose toy
- Cecily dress
- Remy raglan
- Jo Carter’s bedtime bear
- Patternless quilted jacket
- A cute deer toy
- An autumnal embroidery upcycle
- Six kitchen makes to update your essentials
- An overnight bag for a trip away
- Ava jumpsuit
- Nora cardigan
- Patternless joggers
- A cute bunny toy
- Handy underbed storage bags
- A summery bucket bag
- A patternless tiered maxi skirt
- Mayfair dress pattern
- Lauren blouse pattern
- Margot bag pattern
- John Scott’s round-up of this year’s series of The Great British Sewing Bee
- A cuddly lion toy
- An easy-sew sleepover set for kids
- An on-trend patternless gingham dress
- Six makes for days at the seaside
- Colourful cushions for your garden
Issue 83 – sold out
- Penny dress pattern
- Deer and Doe’s Azara Skirt pattern
- Jess Entwistle’s al fresco dining set
- Rainbow embroidery hoop
- A super-cute cat toy that comes with its own wardrobe
- A gorgeous duster jacket from Juliet Uzor
- A Sewing Bee pinafore dress refashion
- A workshop all about buttonholes
- The Fiona dress and tiered top set
- Emelien jumper
- Anna tote
- Extract from Chinelo Bally’s new book, Sew Chinelo
- Six gifting makes for pristine presentation
- A patternless lightweight summer jacket
- A guide to fabric shopping online
- A cute rag doll toy
Issue 81 – sold out
- Amelia set
- Kids’ dungarees
- Get to know your sewing machine booklet
- Interviews with Joe, Patrick and Esme about this year’s Sewing Bee series!
- Six makes to organise your sewing space
- A colourful apron
- A pretty giraffe toy
Issue 80 – sold out
- Carnaby dress
- Aisling blouse
- Suzie satchel
- Six laminate makes for rainy days
- An adorable Dalmatian plushie toy
- A lightweight dressing gown for spring
- A super-easy patternless skirt
- A fun ruffle cushion for kids
- Wrap dress pattern
- Carrie cardigan
- Twiggy tote
- A sweet pony toy
- A feature all about sewing for positivity
- A pair of patternless wide-leg trousers
- Six makes for a spring refresh
- An upcycled blanket cape
- Carnaby dress
- Verna top
- Beginner’s guide to toymaking booklet
- Transformation projects – turn a shirt into a skirt and revive an old jumper
- Make a super handy drawstring bag
- Six self-care makes
- A good read all about male makers
- Wrap skirt
- Riley backpack
- A children’s PJ case
- A sausage dog toy
- Two gorgeous refashion projects
- A feature focused on zero-waste patterns
- Juliet Dress from Fiona Hesford
- Kimmy Top from Seamingly Smitten
- Patternless coatigan from Portia Lawrie
- Six cosy home projects from Jessica Entwistle
- Jewel dress pattern
- Luxe gold tote bag pattern
- Patternless wrap
- Kid’s sweatshirt pattern from Martyna at MadeByMePatterns.
- Plushie reindeer from Jo Carter
- A penguin plushie toy from Lucy Ward
- Some jolly kitchen accessories for Christmas hosting
- A playmat for kids
- Polly Top
- Orion Set from I Am Patterns
- Bonus Christmas gifts to sew booklet
- A patternless button-up skirt
- A pretty ballerina mouse toy
- A super-useful duffle bag
- A workshop on sewing rolled hems
- Tunic Dress Pattern
- Girl’s Party Dress Pattern
- Oversize tote
- A plush owl toy
- Gorgeous gift makes in Her & History fabric
- A patternless wrap skirt
- Our first Christmas project of the year… it’s beginning!
- Apron Dress Sewing Pattern
- The Strip Tee from Madeit Patterns
- John Scott launches his new column
- A cheeky monkey plushie
- A patternless maxi dress made from a duvet
- A patchwork cushion for your home
- A range of gifts in fun cat fabric!
- On sale July 2020
- Sew Over It’s Lottie Dress pattern
- Sewing Bee debrief
- Desk makes to brighten up your workspace
- Cosy and easy to make pjs
- Casual summer cover up
- Adorable lion toy
- Maxi Dress from The Great British Sewing Bee: Sustainable Style
- How to make a face mask: 3 ways to sew your own
- Breakfast-time makes
- Fluffy piglet toy
- Girl’s sundress
- Fun retro bumbag
- The Drape Dress
- The Beginner’s Guide to Dressmaking
- Patternless tulle skirt
- Jungle playroom makes
- A feature all about our favourite creative and sewing-based podcasts
- A sweet treat in the form of a super fun ice cream bag
- An adorable fluffy kitten toy – it has its own bell, too!
- The Vivian Dress
- The Staple Cami
- The Breton Top
- Exclusive interview with Patrick Grant, Esme Young, and Joe Lycett
- Luxury retreat makes to help you focus on that wonderful trip away when this has all passed
- Stylish home décor, including a fringed cushion and colourful rope coasters
- A cheery bumblebee plushie to help bring a touch of spring indoors
- The Claudie Top
- Breton Dress
- Nellie the Elephant toy pattern
- Make a fluffy bunny with three dresses
- Sew coastal homewares
- Restyled trench coat
- A quirky drawstring cosmetic bag
- Get stuck into not 1 but 4 sewing patterns!
- First up is the Annie Blouse and Ivy Skirt from Sew Over It.
- Next up is the absolutely adorable Joy Dress from Wild Things Dresses.
- The final pattern is your new don’t-leave-the-house-without-it essential: the Classic Tote.
- Also this issue: make a fluffy unicorn toy
- wild wall hanging for a little one’s bedroom
- a patternless tunic dress
- A refashion project for making a snazzy bow tie from an old shirt.
- The Liberty Dress
- 9 easy-sew spring gift ideas
- Learn how to make an utterly adorable puppy plushie.
- Whip up a cute pair of children’s shorts!
- Exclusive Burda Style dress pattern for you to try.
- Sew a simple shift dress to start your new year’s me-made wardrobe.
- Make your own easy-sew culottes
- We’ve got bags of accessories for you to make too!
- This issue comes with a handy water erasable pencil – time to treat yourself!
- Make a super sweet hair bow to try out your new French Knot skills
- Embroider beautiful wall art
- Make a splash in your living space with a splurge of colour and our beginner-friendly home sewing projects – make a quilt, cushions, laptop case, storage baskets, camera strap and coasters
- The colour-block Carmen Hoodie sewing pattern
- Even beginners will find issue 63’s The Indigo Top a breeze.
- Make a unique twisted fabric clutch bag
- Stitch a quick-sew Christmas stocking
- Learn how to work with jersey fabrics
- Stitch an asymmetric quilted tote bag
- Sew The Party Dress, with an elegant sweetheart neckline
- Update your everyday wardrobe with Athina Kakou’s Trouser Set pattern
- Make a cosy winter stole
- Stitch a faux fur clutch bag
- Upcycle a T-shirt into a tote
- Sew an adorable reindeer plushie