Bold colours and a marvellous mandala – what’s not to love about these fab festival crochet earrings! These over-sized crochet earrings use a bangle to help keep the shape, then you just add it onto a pair of hoop earrings to complete the project! It’s a fab way to show off your crochet skills with some bright and bold colours, and we think that as well as being the perfect accessory for your festival outfits, they’ll also find their way into your crochet jewellery collection even when it’s not festival season!
You will need
- Knit Picks Mighty Stitch (20% superwash wool, 80% acrylic, 100g/190m) or alternative Aran yarn, approx 10g of each:
- Yarn A Canary (26810)
- Yarn B Gulfstream (26827)
- Yarn C Pucker (26809)
- A 2.5mm (US B/1 or C/2) hook
- Two 7.5cm (3in) diameter bangles
- Pair of 2.5cm (1in) diameter hoop earrings
You can find a full list of all abbreviations we use in our abbreviations and conversions guide. This pattern is written in UK terminology but you can easily convert it to US terms using this handy chart.
Centre (Make 2)
Using Yarn A, ch2.
Round 1 (Tr, ch1) 12 times into 2nd ch from hook, ss to first tr to join. Fasten off. [24 sts]
Round 2 Join Yarn B in any ch-1 sp, ch3 (counts as tr), 2tr in same ch-1 sp, (3tr in next ch-1 sp) 11 times, ss in top of beg ch-3 to join.
Fasten off. [36 sts]
Outer (Make 2)
Round 1 Using Yarn C, work 72dc around bangle, ss to first dc to join. [72 sts]
Round 2 Working in back loops only; ch3, ss in any tr of Round 2 of Centre, ch3, skip 3 sts of Round 1 of Outer, ss in next st of Outer, *ch3, skip next st of Round 2 of Centre, ss in next st of Centre, ch3, skip 3 sts of Round 1 of Outer, ss in next st of Round 1 of Outer; rep from * around.
Here’s some more fab free crochet patterns for you to try!
- Free friendship bracelets crochet pattern
- Puff stitch crochet clutch bag tutorial
- Free crochet wristwarmers pattern
- Free Tunisian Crochet sunglasses case pattern
- Free beach bunting crochet pattern
- Free crochet rainbow flag pencil topper pattern
- Free infinity symbol jewellery crochet pattern
Borders (Make 2)
Join Yarn A in front loop only of any st of Round 2 of Centre, ss in each front loop of Round 2 around, ss to first st to join. Fasten off.
Join Yarn A in front loop only of any st of Round 1 of Outer, ch2, skip next st, *ss in next st, ch2, skip next st; rep from * around, ss to first st to join.
To make up
Add a hoop earring by slotting the hoop earrings through a ch-2 sp of the Outer border.